1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking For An Intro To Taxidermy

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Kevin236, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Kevin236

Kevin236 New Member

itly
    [​IMG]
    Hi everyone! I’m a teen who has been highly interested in taxidermy/bone preservation for a couple years now. I haven’t tried to properly taxidermy an animal before, but I do have a small amount of experience with animal bones.
    I’m wondering where I should start as to where i should get supplies/animal corpses from as well as some good sources or how-to’s for beginners. Are frozen feeder mice a good place to start? And are there any good tips or tricks that I should know?
    192.168.8.1 192.168.100.1 192.168.0.1
    Thank you!

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Most of the suppliers carry quality DVDs, like Research Mannikins, Taxidermy Training Unlimited, McKenzie, Matuska, Headquarters, and others. Click on the suppliers link below.

3. akhenenra

akhenenra Member

Related to this- does anyone know of a reliable *non-dvd* source? I use streaming so I don't have any way to play a dvd. I've watched lots of YouTube videos but heard very mixed reviews of what hung YouTube in general for taxidermy advice

4. ARUsher

ARUsher Well-Known Member

Rick Krane (anglersartistry.com) has his fish videos that you can stream and D. Price (fleshingmachines.com) have videos that you can stream instead of getting DVDs.

5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Stehling Taxidermy has online videos you can purchase. They cover pretty much everything. Fish, birds, fur bearers, big game, tanning and shaving and much more. I purchased the strutting turkey one and
    they are well done and good quality.

akhenenra likes this.
  6. FoxHill

FoxHill New Member