1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Dates Have Changed For The Next World Shows®

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Kathy, May 5, 2021.

1. Kathy

Kathy Active Member

World Taxidermy and Fish Carving Championship®
    Official Announcement from Larry and Kathy Blomquist

We have made a very important decision which has now been approved by the University Plaza Hotel and Expo Center and their management, Atrium Hospitality in Springfield, Missouri.

We have moved the World Shows from August 2021 to May 3-7, 2022.

There are many reasons why this move had to be made and they are all Covid-19 related. Restrictions from many of the countries our attendees travel from are still not travel friendly; a third of our normal attending trade show vendors are hesitant or reluctant to commit at this time; and there are quite a few judges, seminar instructors, and attendees who normally come who are still hesitant about attending any show this year. Also, the secondary hotel, Hotel Q, that we had in 2019, is still closed. We had a lot of red flags showing up and had to consider the impact on the show. We had also reached that point of no-return in the show programing and production if we committed to printing our show booklet (20,000 copies) and we had to make a decision. It was a difficult decision, but the best one for the show and attendees.

By next May of 2022 our world should be back to normal and all of us ready to resume our routines in life. (In hindsight I should have made this move last October when we decided to move it to August 2021.) Our original date for the show was April of 2021, so moving it to the first week of May 2022 is actually a one-year change in show dates, which is what most events have had to do through this pandemic.

A second decision has also been made to continue the World Shows every other year which will now put it on an even-year schedule with the following show in 2024.

We will now continue with the final planning for the 2022 show and prepare the WTC website by early June 2021 for show registrations along with updated rules and regulations, a listing of all judges, and seminars. There are only a few updates in the rules and none that will affect entries you have already planned and/or completed.

The University Plaza Hotel will supply us with a new group registration code and web link early this summer were you can make registrations for the May 3-7, 2022 show. We appreciate all of the support and guidance from everyone who was a part of this decision and apologize for any inconvenience this change of dates may have caused you. We look forward to having the biggest and best World Shows ever during a time of the year that has always been special and safe as ever.

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up , I’ll see you in may , 22 . I’m coming out of Md , anyone that has a bigger pcs that needs a ride to the show , pm me , if your in my travel route, or not to far off I’ll pk up and bring home for a small fee . I have a 16 foot box truck with plenty of room .

3. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

what does fish carving have to do with taxidermy

4. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

The competition has the most awesome carvings ever. Unless you knew otherwise, you'd swear they were real fish, birds, or whatever!

pir^2h likes this.
  5. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

have seen them... but still not taxidermy .. lots of wildlife types of art

6. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

The wood carvings are not in the Taxidermy competition they are in a seperate competition

7. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Do you subscribe to Breakthrough Magazine? It says on the cover, "The Magazine Devoted To The Serious Wildlife Artist," not just taxidermy. That also includes carving wildlife!