1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Advice On How To Price Something?

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Annib, May 11, 2021.

1. Annib

Annib New Member

I have two mummified llama fetuses I brought back from a trip to Bolivia. Some oddities collectors have offered to buy them but the price offers are anywhere from $100-$1000. What's the going rate for those dudes?

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

If someone offered $1000 take it and run. What paperwork do you have? Are these supposed to be ancient ... or recent?

Annib and e101011 like this.

3. Annib

Annib New Member

No one offered that much, but one oddities guy estimated I might be able to get that much. Just wondering if anyone else agreed with him. They're not ancient, just hard to get, as they're from the Witches Market in Bolivia and some people are interested in this aspect of quechua culture.

4. Annib

Annib New Member

And lol, re: paperwork, I don't think they do that there

5. e101011

e101011 Member

earth
    I’d be interested more around the $100 mark....
    Not especially something I’m into but I ended up with an African voodoo goat skull (combination an online auction with a competing bidder that my girlfriend didn’t like... and absinthe) that doesn’t fit into my collection at all, so some Bolivian llama witch mummy fetus might make a nice companion piece! :)

Annib likes this.
  6. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Not trying to be a AZZ but it worth what someone would pay , meaning it could be worth that $1000 to that someone, you just have to hold out till you and that someone get together. Prices are set by what someone will pay and other will sell it for . That is how things get value, supply and demand, if the supply is low wait it out and demand that price , it might take ten years but if someone wants it that bad and you can wait it can and will happen. I personally would never buy it but there are people in that market that will , target them and hope the market isn’t flooded with what your selling .

Annib likes this.