1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Cow Skull Pricing Question

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by merryboots, May 17, 2021.

1. merryboots

merryboots New Member

Texas
    I am new, and I have a customer that has 3 cow skulls that have been sitting around for a couple of years they want cleaned up. There is minimal flesh/hide to be cleaned off the outside, and they don't want them bleached as they will be painting them. Just cleaned up. I am charging $145 for a European, but am unsure on how to price these as I am only doing about a 1/3 of the work. Do I cut the price down to a third of the original cost?

2. Figure out what your hourly rate would be and just add up your time this way you cant loose

3. i would not drop the price. it is easier to clean a fresh head than it is to do a dried out one that has been laying around for so long.

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Ditto here, keep your price. You might find that these old, dried out heads won't be the easy picnic you think. Especially if the horns are still on them.

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Double your price at least. I don't touch a fresh cow skull for less than $300.00.