1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Wy. Antelope Hunt Advise

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jk, May 18, 2021.

1. jk

jk Active Member

Guys, I have been doing part-time taxidermy for over 25 years and just retired from my real job. I want to treat myself and son to a Wyoming Antelope hunt. Any advise on an area where we could apply with good odds of scoring a nice goat. Nothing fancy, looking for a memorable hunt. Could also trade a muzzle-loader WT hunt in Nebraska on the platte river if someone is interested in something comparable. (Nebraska has over the counter tags) Thanks

2. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    Do you have any preference points?

3. jk

jk Active Member

Yes, I think we have 2 now

4. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Active Member

Idaho
    You should be able to draw some of the eastern units with 2 points. If you are DIY and want to hunt public land you will probably have some company. I'm not familiar with that part of the state, but there are lots of resources online. If your in Nebraska your close enough to take a road trip and do some scouting. Pick a unit that you can draw with 1 point (point creep) and go check it out. Check out the public land in the area and stop and talk to anyone you see out and about. You might come up with a connection.

3bears likes this.
  5. jk

jk Active Member

Thanks for advise, planned on doing those things as well.