1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Life Size Brown Swiss Steers

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Daedric.oak, May 18, 2021.

1. Daedric.oak

Daedric.oak Member

I'm curious is there any interest in a yearling life size brown swiss steer hide? Trying to decide if I want to make room in my freezer for it next year. I've got a project at college that will need two young steers, but once the project is up (May 2022) those boys will be heading out for beefing. I'm going to be there for the butchering and participating, so I'll be skinning it for lifesize.

2. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I suspect Brown Swiss are few and far between. I sold the last two owned by Mississippi State University at the KY National Livestock Expo in 1977!

Daedric.oak likes this.

3. Daedric.oak

Daedric.oak Member

Yeah, they're not too common! Heifers go for quite the price, but I found a farm that sells bull calves for $100/calf. One if the few farms I've been able to find. Most people around me have Jerseys or Holsteins. But brown swiss are just gorgeous. Figured since they weren't too common maybe people would want the hide for a life size. They'll definitely take up a bit of space in the freezer though!