1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A Few Ways To Limit Shipping Risks

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Monty Hoffstrom, May 28, 2021.

1. Monty Hoffstrom

Monty Hoffstrom Member

Hello all,

Here are a few tips:

1) When shipping gameheads across country, take pictures of your box or crate with the mount inside prior to shipping. Take a final picture of it boxed up. (This will carry more weight if you have to file a claim)

2) If possible, avoid truck lines that utilize partner carriers. Stick to direct service points.

3) Mark your box or crate with something unique such as a bright sticker to help identify if lost or misrouted.

4) Don't reference taxidermy on the bill of lading or box you are shipping. Try to use acronyms. Examples Blue Ridge Taxidermy could be BRT or Trophies Unlimited could be TU Enterprises.

Hope this helps.

Jerry Huffaker and Skullery like this.
  2. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

except by federal law you have to mark box with any migratory birds or cites or protected wildlife parts

Monty Hoffstrom likes this.

3. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Yes,but you can list them in their scientific “Latin” names. Nowhere does it say “English” , that would be “ racist “.

4. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

this is America we dont use latin plain english... no spanish chinese french italian india middle east australian british german polish mexican either

5. Clovis Point

Clovis Point Active Member

"india" , "middle east" , "australian" , "british" , and "mexican" are all definitely not languages, and I dont know if "polish" is a language or not but I do know I am not going to give the question the courtesy of the 30 seconds of my time it would take to google it, because that would mean the commies won.

Look, I honestly agree with your sentiment, but statements like that do yourself and no one on this side of the fence any good by making yourself sound ignorant

6. PA

PA Well-Known Member

Scientific names on CITES lists are written in Latin and are universally accepted. You must use the Latin name, not the common name as it varies among all languages. Most countries recognizes this common species: Anas playtyrhynchos but it has many common names:

Catalan: Ànec coll-verd
    Czech: kachna divoká
    Danish: Gråand
    German: Stockente
    Spanish: Anade Azulón
    Finnish: sinisorsa
    French: Canard colvert, C. de Laysan, C. des Hawaï ou C. brun
    Croatian: Divlja Patka
    Hungarian: Tokés réce
    Icelandic: Stokkönd
    Italian: Germano reale
    Japanese (romaji): magamo
    Japanese:マガモ
    Lithuanian: Didžioji antis
    Dutch: Wilde Eend
    Norwegian: Stokkand
    Polish: krzyżówka
    Portuguese: Pato-real
    Russian: Кряква
    Slovak: kačica divá
    Serbian: divlja patka gluvara
    Swedish: Gräsand
    Ukrainian: Крижень звичайний
    Chinese: 绿头鸭
    Chinese (Traditional): 綠頭鴨

Americans and Canadians know it as a Mallard.

ARUsher, Keith and Kerby Ross like this.