1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bad Dealings With Bob Wendt

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by SterlingFoxCreations, Jun 19, 2021.

1. It's a good chance that FedEx really dropped the ball on this, but I've also never purchased from Bob before. I have, however, purchased many other frozen things in the past that were packaged very differently from how Bob ships his packages, and they all arrived frozen hard as a rock. I guess all I can say is that more communication would have led to a better outcome on this one.

KH Taxidermy likes this.
  2. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

i have shot coyotes in the winter time (in Penna) put them in the back of the truck (under a tonneau cover) and continued hunting the rest of the night.
    dropped that tailgate later that night and you would have thought something in there was rotten. just a few dead smelly winter killed coyotes....THEY STINK

Straythej, KH Taxidermy and bob wendt like this.

3. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

people take too many chances with priority….its only priority if they want it to be…. I sent 2 boxes flat rate from minn… same time ,one to mich one to new yoak…. guess which arrived first

4. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

I'm not saying anything anyone else hasn't already said. I have had things shipped to me in June from Bob and the arrived OK with no issues. I doubt lack of packaging is the answer. More likely it was the shipper at fault. Crap happens and nothing in life is 100% guaranteed. Like most on here, if I need something and Bob has it I will purchase it from him but certainly not when the temperature if 90 plus degrees day after day. Always check the weather report not only from where you are but where the seller is and along the way.

KH Taxidermy and msestak like this.
  5. 15pt

15pt Well-Known Member

Alabama
    A damn coyote in alabama will spoil before you can get it home from just being shot. Nastiest animal there is in my book. No way I would attempt to ship a green coyote hide to anyone.

6. Great Skulls

Great Skulls Active Member

I have to disagree: my students have tried to buy skulls from Bob before and he was so rude that we decided not to purchase. I've heard that his stuff is good, but it is not worth dealing with someone who is difficult to communicate with.

With that said, this sounds like a problem of shipping specimens slowly during the summer. I have no idea why anyone would try to get frozen things over the summer unless they are worth paying a huge amount of shipping for. If you need it frozen, then pay to have it shipped frozen or wait until the months in which it is not likely to thaw and rot.

7. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

first time I ever got a bad review from a person that does not buy anything from me. . I have noticed mr great skulls takes a shot at me quite frequently. leads me to believe he is the one with the rudeness problem, or personal issues that have nothing to do with me. hey, it is the internet, some talk smack they would never attempt face to face. it sure outs them. I sell most years over a 1,000 skulls and every year more than 500, so the rest of the skull folks must be ok with me. most are long term repeat customers. they are the ones I care about, not the guy who is not a customer and takes shots for no reason.

pir^2h and msestak like this.
  8. msestak

disagree all you want. i aint buying your story !

9. Great Skulls

Believe whatever you like!

Like I have said, I have heard that his stuff is good, and I would be happy to buy it, but when my students have contacted him to ask you questions about it, he has been rude to them. My impression is that he does a great volume of work and doesn't have time for their inquiries. That's his prerogative! I'm just saying, it's not all roses.

And the only thing I've taken "a shot" at him about is how he heckles people on here for breaking some rules, but ignores others. It's easy to see those conversations in the archives, for anyone who cares.

Bottom line is that Bob is one of the most established business people on here and clearly most people have nothing but good things to say about him. In this particular case, it sounds like shipping went wrong, and in my opinion (which should matter to no one!), I think anyone is crazy for trying to get frozen items in the summer without paying for fast shipping.

10. bob wendt

I have no idea what great skulls is referring to, or
    who any of his "students " are. on occasion some one will pm back and forth a zillion times, wants pictures of a raccoon skull, a complete list of skulls and prices (already in the ad), wants to know shipping cost (already in the ad) then after lots of time wasted pm-ing back and forth multiple times wants to buy one skull for $3, and as an after thought says " that is postpaid and cleaned isn`t it ?". then I quite responding. my guess is something along those lines is why someone thinks I am rude. far from it. I give stuff away to kids all the time. often include extras, especially for in person pick ups ,as it saves me packing time. I figure if I have hundreds of satisfied customers and one or two not, that just goes with the territory. google any business you want, bakery car dealer, amazon, clothing, nursery, what ever. no one has 100% 5 stars unless they have only been in business one day.

pir^2h, Lance.G, kojak and 1 other person like this.
  11. bob wendt

great skulls, I would like for any of your students to contact me what went down that they thought was rude. why would any business be rude to a potential customer... until it becomes clear they are a player / tire kicker ,and have no $ or are not serious and just wasting time. it happens. most every seller on here has seen it themselves.

12. Great Skulls

Yes, I think you perceived them as tire kickers because they were asking too many questions. We spend thousands of dollars every year on specimens, but their inquiries seemed to annoy you. It was just some rough communication, but they were able to get what they needed elsewhere and you have no trouble selling your items to other people. So it worked out for all around. That's one of the reasons I love t.net.

13. bob wendt

I do not believe you. I am cordial to everyone till they prove to not be cordial themselves

msestak likes this.
  14. Great Skulls

Okay. You have plenty of buyers on here, so the testimonials of just a couple of us really shouldn't matter. As you say, you sell hundreds of items on here and I have no doubt that you will continue to do so.

15. byrdman

to some, buying a 10.00 item is just as important to them as selling a thousamd dollars worth of items is to another

16. bob wendt

a $10 sale will not cover the shipping cost, let alone the record keeping the dnr requires, the time materials and labor packing, or the drive time and mileage to a fedex depot. a $10 is sale not realistic to deal in....unless they want a bunch of 10 dollar( or $1) items. why many post a minimum purchase needed to ship. a dollar is not the same dollar it was in years past.. believe me I feel as bad about it as you do. I would love to see cheap gas, coffee,etc again, or that $2 minimum wage a lot of us worked for in our youth. my first job was 40 cents an hr. my first union job was $3.65/hr and that was really big at the time was I born too soon? no. gas was 16 cents a gallon then. I try to accommodate everyone, but sometimes it is not possible.

Lance.G, 3bears, msestak and 2 others like this.
  17. byrdman

just sayin a youth starting out saving his 10 dollars to buy an item is just as important to them as a hundred dollar sale is to you….of course they have questions excitement so if you are in the buisness of sales to real people you have to treat buyers with equal respect.without them you have just a bunch of worthless fur

Bob likes this.
  18. msestak

68380259_10214071770338797_609054335694798848_n.jpg

19. bob wendt

come on man.... you are beating the same drum over and over. youth is great, wish I was young again. I was taught to be respectful, and I was. yes mam, yes sir, thank you, no surly looks or remarks. I am still that way. back in that time I saved up if I wanted something. sold wild berries, baled hay for local farmer, shoveled out stalls , mowed yards, shoveled snow, , paper route, trapped muskrats, picked up returnable pop bottles, and more. you know, earned it. some of the youth today are the same, some are not.

msestak likes this.
  20. byrdman

so if you advertise an item for ten dollars plus shipping then you should treat that item and buyer with the same respect as you would a hundred dollar item…..or dont list some people on taxnet like to kick tires…we hear ya….you will have that….deal with it or go to ebay….