1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Don’t Be Too Rough On Me Guys...

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Clovis Point, Jul 4, 2021.

1. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Guess I wasn't asked. Lol. But I did say not to overspray with Musky Green, so there's that.

You did that video pro-bono, eh?

I know what's on the video Frank, but that's neither here nor there.

Just to confirm, there's nothing to be learned from paint schedules, but yours?

05AAF85B-CE2B-4E82-B964-69AF02832FB2.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  2. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Lol your doing terrible trying to get my goat
    At least I don’t hide my name and what I try to do
    Done posting as you failed terribly!!
    Plus why so jealous over any persons accomplishments. We all knew you would give a bad review it’s written in the books before you even posted this.
    The joke is more on you than anything as you’ve accomplish nothing in this post.

rogerswildlife and Clew like this.

3. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

??? Um, ok. Thanks Frank.

We'll just agree then that paint schedules are opportunities to learn.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  4. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Is there anything you won’t do if the price is right Frank!hahahhaa

5. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Ya mount you lol
    Love ya bud

Clew likes this.
  6. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

I don’t know Frank I’m pretty fit and trim these days!

Frank E. Kotula likes this.
  7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Look, put your ruler back in your pants. You're BOTH correct but neither of you got it right. Color in ANYTHING is pure perception. In the eyes of a talented artist, that perception is more keen. For journeymen and craftsmen who don't have that artist's perception, a paint schedule is invaluable. It supplies a diagram drawn by an artist showing a craftsman starting and stopping points, areas and suggested pre-mixed colors as well as the intensity of the application.
    Conversely, the artist prefers a reference photo taken under ideal light conditions. The artist know that missing blue over yellow will get the color green he perceives in his reference. He'll blush with delicate airbrush stroke with trans red instead of the flesh suggested in the schedule.
    This post was by a person who admitted his skill level and quickly turned into a pecker measuring contest. We all live downstream from someplace. Stop bragging about how close you live to the spring.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  8. Harum

Harum Active Member

HAHA,

Frank his name is Scott and although he’s not an industry leader I’ve seen some pretty good work coming from his hands. What you mentioned was helpful Frank. Color wheels will give a person a good perspective on what happens when certain colors are mixed. However, color wheels don’t give any help when it comes to color saturation or hue. Color wheels also don’t help with the areas of application or layering techniques. A paint schedule can be very useful for a person just getting into painting. There are a few that a schedule will get them where they want to be. There are others that will not be satisfied with a schedule and those are the individuals that should gather as much info as they can on how light creates the colors we see. A color wheel is a simplistic and small portion of that info.

We all go about it in our own way and some are just not interested in being industry leaders. Some of us enjoy beating them in competition though ;)

-Pete

9. Clovis Point

Clovis Point Active Member

I’m glad I was able to facilitate such a high quality philosophical pecker measuring contest :haha:

Even before I ever read George’s thesis on the matter I openly admited, even using the same terms, that I am NOT a person who was blessed with much God given artistic talent. I did say (in the exact same terms) that I was a craftsman. Some guys are blessed and gifted, they rise to the very top, I’m not that guy. I do however have a very critical eye, especially when looking at my own work, and I am stubborn or diligent or patient or resilient enough to keep plugging away at something until I can get it good enough to meet my own standards of “good enough for the price I’m charging” and good enough that the people I’m doing it for are happy with what their money got them.

And like all the other valuable info I’ve learned on taxinet , now that I have enough of a basic foundational understanding, I can absorb, interpret, and modify to suit my application, and enact as it best suits my situation.

thank you all

1fish2fish likes this.