1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Featured Rest In Peace Rod Connelly

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Jul 5, 2021.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

E439EAF4-8ABE-4499-9F1F-87AC32073EB1.jpeg Another of the industry forces, Rod Connelly, passed early this morning according his son, Aaron.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2021
  2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Sad news , my condolences to the family

msestak likes this.

3. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

Hate to hear this, Rod was a pioneer and all around great person. Condolences to Miss Ella, Aaron, Denise and other of family and friends!

msestak and socalmountainman like this.
  4. Sad to hear condolences to family

msestak likes this.
  5. PA

PA Well-Known Member

Saddened to hear the news. If I remember correctly (and I don't always do that) when he got into the car wreck that ultimately put him in a wheel chair he was on his way home after visiting the museum here.

He was a very interesting person to talk with and always drilled down to the heart of the matter and spoke his clear voice on most subjects. He will be missed by many. My Sympathies to Aaron, Ella and all others.

msestak likes this.
  6. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace and may God comfort his family and friends.

jessewild likes this.
  7. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

We are sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family. Always loved visiting with him!

8. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

God Speed to Mr Connelly. Condolences to all the Friends and Family of this Legend.. We were blessed to have him in our circle..

msestak likes this.
  9. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    This breaks my heart to read of Rod's passing. He and I hit it off immediately when we first met, and he always greeted me like a long lost son ... I will miss his wit and humor immensely. I will always hear him say to me: "Do that Curly Shuffle". Rest in Peace, Rod ... you've earned it ...

[​IMG]
    This photo was taken at the 2013 World Taxidermy Championships ... An old and dear friend, Rod Connelly and me. Years ago, at the NTA show in Pittsburgh, I entertained everyone with my impersonation of Curly Howard of 'Three Stooges' fame, by doing the Curly Shuffle ,,, the actual move ... not the song. From there on out, every time Rod would see me he would call out "Hey do that Curly Shuffle!" and I obliged. I wondered at age 57, if I could still hit those moves? I discovered not on the carpeted floors! But on the tiled floors ... oh yeah ... not bad either for an old fart! Rod got a laugh out of it, and that's what mattered!

[​IMG]
    My new friend and an old friend ... Travis de Villiers and Rod Connelly. Generations meet!

msestak likes this.
  10. Tom McNeal

Tom McNeal Member

Rest in Peace Rod!
    Our condolences to family and friends.
    Tom & Gail McNeal

msestak likes this.