1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Help Repairing Deer Feet Coat/gun Rack Thing?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Katie T, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Katie T

Katie T New Member

Hello everyone, this isn't a gamehead but it is deer bits so I'm hoping this is the right place to ask. I picked this up from Goodwill and repaired the loose feet, but this one is completely off. What can I put in the hollowed-out bone so that it can be screwed into the wood again? I've added pictures to show what I'm dealing with. Thank you! rack3.jpg rack1.jpg rack2.jpg

msestak likes this.
  2. nemo

nemo Active Member

1/4 inch threaded rod, cut to proper length and epoxy glue to set overnight

tem, msestak and socalmountainman like this.

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Since a wood screw is already sticking thru plaque, get a wooden dowel that will be tight to hole of bone and tap it in cut to length and five minute epoxy into place . Then simply put up to wood screw and screw it on , drill a small pilot hole if necessary. But just screw till tight

George, Keith and tem like this.
  4. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

This is the way I would do it…Home Depot, Lowe’s or Hobby Lobby would have the wooden dowel you would need.

5. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Just like 13 point instructs.
    Just epoxy in the hole before you tap the dowel in. Otherwise you might not be able to get the dowel out to epoxy it in place.