1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Strapping Tape Problems.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Skullery, Jul 21, 2021 at 11:07 PM.

1. I have used strapping tape a few times shipping large heavy boxes but the roll i used today drove me nuts. had a hard time getting an end to start unrolling the tape. pretty soon i was not getting the full width of the roll to come off. constantly got my razer and tried to grab the edge of the tape to get the full width to come off. well, as soon as i rolled several inches off the same problem developed as the razor cut apparently cut a little deeper in some spots and the whole problem started over again, and again, and again etc. you get the idea. have had minor problems before but not like this. finally had it when the 2" wide roll would only give me 1". seems like a minor simple problem but can drive you nuts. maybe it was the manufacturer or the tape sat somewhere too long. I really don't want to stop using it since i ship quite a few cleaned bison skulls. anybody else have had that problem or know a solution. thanks.

2. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Probably that particular roll. That stuff can be aggravating at times. I try to fold the end on the roll back onto itself after cutting. This allows me to find the end on the next use, and aids in preventing it from shredding.

3. thanks Joeym.

4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I usually just toss the roll and start over with a new one.

Skullery likes this.
  5. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

rubber band around just below seratted edge keeps it from flopping back onto roll

Skullery and joeym like this.