1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A Serious Bondo Question

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Mike Powell, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

OK, I am unapologetically a “bondo” ear guy, but I have a confession of sorts and a question for the others here in taxinet land that also use bondo for ears. The confession….as I insert the bondo into the ear I cannot help but distort my face, twist my lips and stick my tongue out a little, a la Michael Jordan as he goes up for a dunk. I literally can’t NOT do it. It’s kinda crazy, but I can’t help myself! LOL!!!
    Now my question is, does anybody else do that or something similar? Or am I just sniffing too much bondo?

msestak, tem, Westcoast and 2 others like this.
  2. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

LOL! Maybe you should post a selfie of your expression when bondo-ing an ear!

msestak, tem and jigginjim like this.

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Your breathing to many fumes lol

msestak, George, tem and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

There is something really wrong with you. When inserting Bondo, you open your eyes wide, pull your head back and tilt to the right while slightly turning your head to the left and you must have an expression of panic and dread upon thy face.

msestak and tem like this.
  5. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

George,Where are you ? It’s a bondo question, right up your alley. Help this guy. Don’t forget it’s not a adhesive!

msestak, tem and Terry Bennett like this.
  6. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

I did mechanic work on trucks and equipment for 28 years. I always made an apparent grimacing face when working on difficult things. Unfortunately I carry that over after work and my wife accuses me of always being angry by the way I look.

msestak likes this.
  7. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

I had a guy tell me he uses aluminum screening inside his Bondo and fiberglass ears to add extra strength.

msestak likes this.
  8. tem

tem Well-Known Member

well.i got to admit that i look like im taking one healthy dump when i bondo.

msestak and Mike Powell like this.
  9. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

I don't do bondo ears, but I use bondo for the skull cap. When I do I wear tie dye shirt, leather buckskin pants, moccasins, flowers in my hair, lava lamp going and moody blues playing in the background. That puts me in the mood!!!!

msestak and ARUsher like this.
  10. tem

tem Well-Known Member

i like the moody blues.

msestak likes this.
  11. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I have an old can of Bondo that I open when entering into my shop just to have the aroma. It's like taxidermy incense.

jigginjim and msestak like this.
  12. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Mike, there's a physiological reason for that. Your brain is trying to tell your body how dumb you are for using a body filler as an adhesive.

msestak, ARUsher, Mike Powell and 3 others like this.
  13. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

George
    I knew you could help the guy !

msestak likes this.
  14. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I love it! I was afraid it would be “psychological”…

msestak likes this.
  15. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Yes George
    bondo does not equal glue
    But they won’t drum
    And when I’m doing some serious scale tipping
    My tongue is in and out
    LOL

msestak likes this.
  16. HOOKJAW

HOOKJAW Member

LOL...It's caused by an adrenaline rush caused by the fear that you'll be suddenly interrupted by some unexpected problem or person while shaping the ear and timing the bondo "kick off". Nothing worse than someone or something interrupting you during the critical stage...LOL

George, msestak, tem and 1 other person like this.
  17. I have been using a new product from Europe. its not bondo but works like bondo ears. except it stick tenaciously.

msestak likes this.
  18. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

you are suppose to tilt to the right, when working on the right side, and to the left, when working on the left side !!

its normal

19. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

safe_image.gif

20. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

fur sure never fails that as soon as you mix “ time bomb” bondo… someone interupts or phone rings or knock on the door ya know

15pt, msestak and George like this.