1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New Michigan State Record Salmon Caught

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Cecil, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

47.86 pounds.

[​IMG]

ARUsher and Beltonbanger like this.
  2. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Nice

3. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Saw that. Feel bad for whoever gets that thing to mount! Broke the throat latch, ripped out the gill, ripped the bronchialstegal rays, and I’m sure it doesn’t have any scales left after all the pics I’ve been tact of different people holding it.
    Awesome to finally see the old snagging record broken by a legit caught fish

Cecil likes this.
  4. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Hopefully didn't take it to some hack, more concerned with price than quality. Michigan doesn't require a taxidermy license to do just fish. At least last I knew. That said there are some outstanding taxidermists in Michigan like Paul Borkowski et al.

One of the downsides of mounting a state record fish (I've done three) is the angler will hound you, and you will be the first one forgotten down the road. I was naive enough t think it would be great advertising. :rolleyes: Bill Leech of Caribou taxidermy once said we should charge more for state records due to the aggravation.

JL and ShawnCrose like this.