1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Four Whitetail Shoulder Mounts From PA And Saskatchewan

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by 70757, Sep 16, 2021.

1. 70757

70757 Guest

I have some mounts for sale. Would like 400.00 for all four. Make me a reasonable offer for single mounts. The one with the double throat patch is from Pennsylvania and the other three are from Saskatchewan. Located in Clarion PA. 16214

Attached Files:

2. 70757

70757 Guest

Still available.

3. buckrub10

buckrub10 Active Member

dont think thats legal in PA , check to be sure first

4. e101011

e101011 Member

earth
    I’m just a lowly skull collector, so I don’t know for sure, but if white tail shoulder mounts are illegal in PA a whole lot of individuals (including myself), retail stores, auctions, thrift shops, restaurants, etc., etc. are going to be in trouble.

70757 likes this.
  5. 70757

70757 Guest

I have no idea what you’re talking about….selling taxidermy is legal everywhere but Facebook.

6. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Glad you think that but it’s not true , many states you can not sell mounts or parts of animals even . Try it in MD and see what kind of fine you can get . Don’t be confused, can you sell them yes , is it legal ? Possibly not . Ck with your state DNR police .

7. 70757

70757 Guest

8. 70757

70757 Guest

First off I would like to apologize for the mis-information that you received from the person you talked to at the Pennsylvania Game Commission.

PA Game Code Title 34, Section 2312B, which pertains to the sale of inedible parts.

Antlers of legally harvested or propagated whitetails from OUTSIDE of PA can legally be sold as complete racks (if the skull cap is present it must be cleaned of any brain material). Parts of antlers of legally harvested or propagated whitetails from OUTSIDE of PA can also be sold as knive handles, lamps, lights, toothpick holders, etc.....

Containers, boxes, whatever you transport the whitetail anters in must be marked on the outside of the container.
    EX: Whitetail Deer Antler from Tennessee

A recept must be provided for any whitetail anters or whitetail antler parts sold in PA. This receipt must contain the following:

Company Name
    Address
    Phone
    and the statement "WT antlers were legally harvested or propagated in the state of ?"

Any laws from the state of whitetail antlers origin must be followed.

This information was provided by Mr. Richard Palmer - PA Game Commission Supervisor of Law Enforcement & Wildlife Protection. If you have further questions regarding this issue please feel free to contact him at 717-783-8164.

9. 70757

70757 Guest

10. 70757

70757 Guest

It is unlawful for any person to sell or barter, or offer for sale or barter, any game or wildlife protected by this title imported, either dead or alive, from another state or nation unless there is attached to the carton containing the game or wildlife or to the individual carcasses a tag identifying the game or wildlife in English and giving the state or nation from which originally shipped.

(c) Exception.--

(1) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prevent:

(i) The purchase or sale of game raised under the authority of a propagating permit in this Commonwealth.

(ii) The capture and sale of game or wildlife after securing a permit from the director and payment of any fees established by the commission.

(iii) The sale of the tanned, cured or mounted heads or skins, or parts thereof, of any game or wildlife not killed in a wild state in this Commonwealth.

11. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

For one not sure why your being such a DICK , no one said you were breaking the law , your comment ( it is legal everywhere but Facebook) is what I was referring to . Not all states is it legal we were just trying to bring that to your attention so you don’t get in trouble . All that said , those pcs of crap things you are call mounts suck . You would be best to take the racks out and sell that way . There now were both acting like dicks . You try to help someone and they become instant ass holes .

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    Richard C likes this.
  12. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

. 13 point is correct you have 4 train wrecks there.

13. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

you need a permit to sell from the PGC:see section C below, its in bold

https://www.pacodeandbulletin.gov/D...de/data/058/chapter147/s147.146.html&d=reduce

§ 147.146. Sale of inedible wildlife parts.
    (a) Wildlife lawfully taken within this Commonwealth that has been mounted, tanned or completely prepared for study or display in accordance with generally accepted taxidermy procedures may be sold if one of the following conditions is met:

(1) The original owner is deceased.

(2) The original owner’s assets are being liquidated.

(3) The original owner’s specimen is determined to be unclaimed as provided for in subsection (b).

(b) A specimen will be considered unclaimed when the following conditions are met:

(1) The specimen was lawfully possessed when originally deposited with the taxidermist.

(2) The specimen was mounted, tanned or completely prepared for study or display in accordance with generally accepted taxidermy procedures.

(3) The taxidermist has made a reasonable effort to contact the original owner or depositor through any means generally available to inform the owner or depositor that the specimen is complete and should be picked up within a certain time period.

(4) The owner, or the original depositor of the specimen, has been notified by certified, first-class mail and has failed to contact the taxidermist within 30 days of receipt of the notice; or the taxidermist is notified by the postal authorities the certified mail is unclaimed or undeliverable. The specimen will be considered unclaimed after 30 days from the date the taxidermist was notified.

(c) Before selling a specimen, a permit shall be obtained from a Commission officer.

(d) An executed copy of the permit application (PGC-12) shall list the items to be sold. The permit is valid for 120 days.

(e) The fee for a permit issued under this section is $5.

(f) The original owner of a specimen may donate the specimen to a wildlife conservation organization, which may then sell the specimen without a permit for fund raising purposes.

(g) Second and subsequent owners of wildlife parts acquired in accordance with section 2312(c)(1) of the act (relating to buying and selling of game) may sell the parts if included as part of a manufactured or finished product.

(h) Second and subsequent owners of deer hides acquired in accordance with section 2312(c)(1) of the act may buy and sell the deer hides. Deer capes may only be sold by the original owner.

(i) A person violating this section shall be subject to the penalties provided in section 2312 of the act.

Authority The provisions of this § 147.146 issued under the Game and Wildlife Code, 34 PA.C.S. § § 2102(a) and 2312(c)(2); amended under the Game and Wildlife Code, 34 PA.C.S. § § 2102(a), 2312(c)(2) and 2901(b).

14. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

so the deer from PA in these mounts was not killed in a wild state in PA ?

15. 70757

70757 Guest

Doesn’t sound like anyone was being a DICK….just you, just now. . your opinions are just that. Opinions.