1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A Flintlock Whitetail

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by landdepot, Sep 30, 2021.

1. landdepot

landdepot Active Member

Here's a flintlock kill from 2019 my buddy wanted me to do. Been piddling with it off and on this summer. Should be able to attach it to the plaque in a few days or so.

Attached Files:

2. Tnrandy

Tnrandy Active Member

Looking good so far

3. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Looks good. I give extra credit to anyone that goes black powder hunting. I have a Mowrey .45 cal cap lock that I trust for target but would never try to actually hunt with.

landdepot likes this.
  4. landdepot

landdepot Active Member

Finished today,..

Attached Files:

Vulpes Vulpes and Tnrandy like this.
  5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Guess I'll never understand why a deer of that quality taken with the most primitive smoke pole wouldn't have it mounted.

ARUsher, Lance.G and landdepot like this.
  6. landdepot

landdepot Active Member

He's one of those guys that has several mounted that are a lot bigger....he's also about 70 years old...and probably just done getting any mounted to be honest.

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Landdepot, I'm 75 years old and have four walls full of deer similar to this, HOWEVER, I'd I take a deer of that quality, especially with a flint lit charcoal burner, I'll find someplace to hang it.
    Man cave.jpg

8. landdepot

landdepot Active Member

Well #1 congratz on those deer and I like the looks of your office/trophy room. Other than that I get your point...admittedly the older I get the more partial I am to the euros...I enjoy doing them though.

The euro owner is also not only a flintlock hunter..but a bag and horn maker for around 30 years. That flintlock crowd in general tends to run on the primitive side from what I have seen. I have done a bunch of scrimshaw for his horns and gotten to know several of those guys. I personally have a nice 10 (for me)in the freezer I'm on the fence on. It'll probably be mounted but just haven't yet...think I have 9 mounted. Here is last years 8,..it is in process for a euro. -Aaron

Attached Files:

Tnrandy likes this.
  9. Triad Taxidermy

Triad Taxidermy Member

Nice deer George!!

landdepot likes this.
  10. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

George, if you ever need to free up wall space for one of those charcoal burner trophies I'll take one of those off your hands for you.

George likes this.