1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

No Stud.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by ozzy49938, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Looking for some ideas. Just moved into a new house. Elk will fit in one spot. Big problem no stud in the center of the cathedral. Any ideas on how to secure it. Going over the door hate for it to fall on someone.
    thanks
    Bill

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

They make many hanging systems, just go to a Lowe’s or Home Depot . Butterfly system, or they have a big white spiky plug that screws into the drywall and a screw goes in it to hang your head from , sorry I can’t remember the name of it . But they have a few hundred pound sheering strength to it . I’ve hung moose from them

3. Jimmy Rimrock

Jimmy Rimrock Yeah, they come to snuff the rooster

I would use a french cleat.

Wall piece goes from stud to stud. Matching piece on back board of mount. This will let you move it side to side a few inches to get it right where it needs to be. You should have enough width to hide it. Probably need a lower piece to set the brisket off the wall and keep it plumb. Its a cabinet hanging method and works great in this situation. Or you can built a stud to stud piece of 1/8' x 2" steel, with a "bolt head" welded in at the right spot.

Keith likes this.
  4. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

That's a really good idea with those large mounts.

5. You can offset the hanger. I have had to do this a couple times. Look for the large hanger that uses two vertical lag bolts.