1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Another California Law Question

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Das-Mimi, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Das-Mimi

Das-Mimi It's hard to live in CA and like Taxidermy...

I spoke to a local taxidermist today and he mentioned that lynx are illegal in California? Is this true?

I am aware that European lynx and Canadian lynx aren’t legal, but what about Alaskan lynx?

To those familiar with California laws, is this true?

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Not being a smart ass but don’t trust hearsay , call your local wildlife law office for your answer . Get it straight from them .

3. Das-Mimi

Das-Mimi It's hard to live in CA and like Taxidermy...

I mean, the guy I spoke to had an attitude but it’s fine. I try to focus on what is being said rather than the way it’s said. Especially if I don’t know the person. I try to keep feelings out of it.

but thanks! Sometimes I’ll think someone knows more than I do (especially since it’s their profession) but I found it pretty odd he would say that.

before I buy things I always try to do the most research to make sure it’s legal since CA is crazy with their laws sometimes. (I honestly can’t wait to leave)

4. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

Here’s the thing with laws here. On some things you can get several different options from different wardens. We have about 2 pages pertaining to taxidermy in the code books. But buried in other areas you find codes that will bite you. My advice is buy a code book for 30 some odd bucks and verify any information you get. Make sure when you ask tell them you are a taxidermist. We can purchase some things that the average person cannot. When you do get a ruling ask for the code.