1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Feedback On Second Mount

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by akhenenra, Oct 10, 2021.

1. akhenenra

akhenenra Member

Just finished my second mount ever. Went much, much better than the first. Still some issues but learned a lot. Would really appreciate any constructive feedback anyone is willing to give.

No photo of the back seam because I already know it separated, lol.

Also the deer's right eye is very dark in the area of the eye that should be white, I'm not sure what happened with the glass eye there but that's something that definitely bugs me, it looks weird once you notice it.

Really enjoyed doing a doe as I feel like having no antlers allowed me to really focus on the mount technique.

Otherwise, please let me know any feedback. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. akhenenra

akhenenra Member

couple more photos. I was curious if anyone has a trick for getting the lashes/whiskers to go in the direction you want. Mine are kinda all over the place.

Attached Files:

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

You need to study shapes, ear butts. Nose . It’s not bad for your 2nd deer . Learn to baby sit it . Moving and retucking and adjusting as its drying . Not sure if your putting clay behind your nose pad , but it looks like you are and it’s to much , as it is distorting the shape . Use lots of hide paste everywhere, put it to the side of where your sewing and when done , push it over into and thru your stitches . It won’t open after that . Your front lip , the same lots of glue and tuck it 2-3 times a day till you can’t no more . Once dry it will stay and not pull like it is . Make sure your brisket hair lines and points a aligned and equal on both sides of manikin . You seem detail oriented so pay attention to the details. See my tutorial on bagging them .
    Keep at it , your getting there .

akhenenra likes this.
  4. akhenenra

akhenenra Member

Thank you! Where do I find your tutorials, are they here?

5. akhenenra

akhenenra Member

I did not add any clay to the nose at all, the manikin fit quite well. The close angle of the photos make the muzzle seem longer than it is

6. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Yes on here , and with pics for now on just zoom in 1x and it will get rid of that longated issue