1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My First Try At Whitetail, Currently Drying.

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Brad Hendrickson, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Brad Hendrickson

Brad Hendrickson Active Member

thumbnail_IMG_6004.jpg IMG_6022.PNG IMG_6022.PNG

thumbnail_IMG_5991.jpg i Shot this last year and finally got around to trying my first shoulder mount.

ARUsher and drob like this.
  2. Brad Hendrickson

Any Thoughts?

3. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Looks like you start your eyes out on the squinty side. Get some reference photos of live deer and work the eyes if still wet. Ears need a little refining. The inner skin needs pushed in more. The white hair should point inward. A little more earbutt would be good and get them up more toward the antlers. Hair pattern in the corner of the mouth needs attention. It should sweep the corner and then angle forward. Hard to describe it but it falls into place if done right. You have the basics it's just time to work on refinement. I think it's a pretty good job!

4. Brad Hendrickson

THANKS!!! i’ll be sure to work on all that. i was wondering about my mouth corners. now i know. Thanks again!

5. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

The mouth on my first deer looks exactly like yours does. I know its wrong but I treasure that first attempt. I remember everything I learned from doing it when I look at it.

Brad Hendrickson likes this.