1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Eppley Tru Eyes

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Glenn M, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Glenn M

Glenn M Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can get some. OTS wont even take backorders. I guess they only have 1 person making them.
    I got some payer med and dont like them. What;s a comparable eye to tru eyes? Or what deer eye do you like?

2. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. I went with payer eyes once never again! Tohican med IQ are close but they set in the socket a little deep.

Glenn M likes this.

3. Crittrstuffr

Crittrstuffr Active Member

I use and like the Joe Meder eyes in medium brown with the white banding from McKenzie

Glenn M likes this.
  4. Rob43

Rob43 Member

I use Joe Meder Liquid Lens. I've contacted Ohio Taxidermy Supply on different occasions, and they are always having some kind of problem. I like their forms, but I think their business is slowly going down the crapper. I was on their website the other day and it was advertising women's shoes for sale with their logo on the site. If they can't get a good website up and running, and online ordering made easy, they will never be able to compete with other suppliers.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  5. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Headquarters sell that eye but could be back ordered also .

Glenn M likes this.
  6. Glenn M

Glenn M Well-Known Member

Yeah they took my number down if they ever get any. I got the Meder liquid lens today they are really nice. Thanks everyone!

livbucks and Rob43 like this.
  7. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Glenn M likes this.
  8. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I purchased every set of “seconds” Rudy had at an NTA convention once for $3 per pair. He pointed out the flaws, which nobody else would know but him. They are a great eye! I used every one of them!

Glenn M likes this.
  9. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Joey, Im like you. ButI bought a couple thousand pairs of the seconds a few years ago. And you are right, unless you know what you are looking for, most wont know why they are seconds. Sure glad I bought them !

tazzymoto and joeym like this.
  10. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

Rudy is cool. His website is a disaster.