1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Shipping Charges

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by obarr1977, Oct 28, 2021.

1. obarr1977

obarr1977 Member

ohio
    This may've been discussed before, but are there any other taxi supply companies to order from?
    Bought a form from McKenzie last year, and paid $60 for shipping. Just bought a rugshell kit from vandykes(didn't realize they were the same company), and I'm paying $46 for it to be shipped from NC to OH. A rugshell kit! Seriously?

Who do ya'll use?

2. drob

drob Active Member

This subject has been brought up numerous times.Most of the answers you get will say that everything is a.o.k. with Mckenzie's shipping costs.I say if it looks and walks like a duck its a duck!I think they are a great company,but you have to watch your back when it comes to pricing and shipping charges.There are some other good supply companies out there-Headquarters is one you could try as well as Matuska!

rigbobby, obarr1977 and livbucks like this.

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I use exclusively; Research Mannikins, Head Quarters, Joe Coombs, Van Dykes, WASCO, Mc Kenzie, Foster's, Eddy Anthony, Matuska, and others.

rigbobby, obarr1977 and 3bears like this.
  4. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

I use who ever has the product I need for the project I'm doing. That means I buy from evryone. I don't worry about shipping costs and I work these costs into my overhead. When I call McKenzie (always call your order in) I choose how to ship it. If its not too big or heavy, I use Post Office (the cheapest). Otherwise, I usually go Fed-Ex to California. The girls at McKenzie are sweet and always ask me how I want to ship it. My opinion.

5. obarr1977

obarr1977 Member

ohio
    They made it right after an email.

drob likes this.
  6. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

December 26th ups will have a 5% across the board increase. Rural will not be based on address but zip code. ups also had the most profitable year in their history last year.

7. joeym

joeym Old Murphey