1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking for Schooling in West Virginia

Discussion in 'Training' started by solocam, Oct 18, 2006.

1. solocam

solocam New Member

Looking for schooling in west virginia around Charleston area or any where in the state. thanks

2. none in wv ,but i would reccommend the academy of wildlife art in duncansville PA, small class sizes and three of the finest instructors and people you will meet.

3. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

I also no of none in WV, but I attended the Western PA School of taxidermy and recommend it highly. Small class sizes there as well and you will be hard pressed to find a better person and instructor than Marc Jordan. Feel free to email me at [email protected] and I will fill you in with any details you may need.

Chad

4. cwc

cwc New Member

There are none in WV, but i am part owner of custom wildlife creations in huntington WV. We are looking for a apprentice or someone to come and work for us if interested give me a shout.

5. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Barker's Taxidermy

There is a guy in our area in the yellow pages that says WV school of Taxidermy. Clark's Taxidermy 304-679-3915. Don't know price or anything about it. He is just outside of the Parkersburg area.

6. being accredited is for accepting financial aid through federal and state grants ,don't let that be your deciding factor unless you are gonna pay that way.
    Joe

7. cwc

cwc New Member

you didn't hear this from me but watch that guy he's not always a reliable source. The school is not even off the ground yet as far as i hear.

8. Mountain Man

Mountain Man New Member

Im from Roane County, Hour or so north of charelston. I went to the PA Institute of Taxidermy. It is an accredited school and I learned more than I ever dreamed I would. If you really want to stay in state I know that Clarks taxidermy is or has opened a school in Parkersburg. But I would be careful dropping alot of money into a new school. Also I agree with cwc, If you want to see clarks taxidermy's work look at the Great Outdoors in Ripley. I wont badmouth anyone, But I would recomend a watchful eye when your looking at his school.
    I spoke with Don Dawson at his shop in Beckley one day and he said he would like to do some training... So maybe you could talk to him....

9. I think paul clark of clarks taxidermy in walker wv started a school
    I went to northwoods school of taxidermy in stoystown pennsylvania,
    Scott edwards and Joel Zimmerman are great instructors.

10. hoda

hoda New Member

I been looking for a taxidermy school in WV for year gave up looking.

11. Hawg_Hunter

Hawg_Hunter New Member

I had a whitetail shoulder mount done at Clarks near Parkersburg and was not at all impressed with the mount, poor quality.

12. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Barker's Taxidermy

Well Hawg Hunter, I hope you will give me a try when I get my new shop open(should be 08 deer season). Timberwolf Taxidermy, Waverly, WV

13. Mountain Man

Mountain Man New Member

Im also open for buisness in WV Hawg Hunter. I have redone 2 mounts from clarks taxidermy. Ive seen some of his work that was really good. But the stuff i got in that he did were poor.

14. i was wondering how old you would have to be to start with you and i live in milton wv i go to hunington all the time. thanks :) ;D to app.wildlife