1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

***** Polar Bear Rug For Sale - Old And Big 9' X 9 1/2'

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by FulServ, Nov 15, 2021.

1. FulServ

FulServ New Member

I'm a newbie in this group and looking to sell my Polar Bear Rug.

The rug is huge ... about 9 feet nose to tail and 9 1/2 feet claw to claw. My wife hates it and my kids are afraid of it, and it is too big for my office, so I am looking for a new home for it. Not looking to give it away, but for the right price I would be willing to part with it and need some help in determining value. This truly deserves to be in someone's ski chalet somewhere.

From my research, this size is uncommon (most nowadays are much smaller) and in great shape they can go for exorbitant amounts. This one is in pretty good shape as you will see from the photos, but it does have one detached ear and a claw, but I have the pieces which can be reattached and the rug is mounted on a heavy quilted material. It needs a bit of TLC and a good cleaning wouldn't hurt it. I've read about people suggesting dry shampoo to clean the fur, but I have not tried it.

It is very old and I got it from a friend as a thank you on a deal I did with him. He told me he purchased it from a wealthy socialite in Southampton, NY who had purchased it from some famous artist at a charity event. Don't know the particulars unfortunately and my friend has been gone a long time now. I've owned it for probably close to 20 years now and I believe he owned it at least as long.

The rug is in Connecticut. I believe this one is pre-Act (pre '72) but unfortunately I don't have any paperwork on it but I will be happy to provide a notarized affidavit on sale attesting to what I do know.

I can be reached via PM or email. Looking forward to hearing suggestions as to value, offers or any advice people can pass along will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    yb likes this.
  2. Mandi

Mandi Well-Known Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but without papers it's not worth anything.

aaronraby1 and jessewild like this.

3. e101011

e101011 Active Member

earth
    PM me with what you’re looking to get. I can find the space for another!

4. e101011

e101011 Active Member

earth
    Just let me know how much you’re looking to get for it first off? If the price is good I don’t mind driving to CT, but if not we don’t need to waste each others’ time.