1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Beetle Question

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Beast+Bone, Nov 15, 2021.

1. He was indeed walking around. He said when he shot him they were a couple miles from the highway so it’s probably not too unlikely that he had a run in with a vehicle. Then a couple days ago he shot this elk, I got excited to work on the skull because I’m really interested in animals have have bizarre antlers. But he said the antler was broken and broke the skull and was only hangin on by the hide. I can’t believe this guy was still alive 1150FD88-F2ED-4C5B-90A4-BC44A7D582FC.jpeg

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

That elk might have survived and dropped the antlers and healed. Problem would be the following years when the new antler is now growing out sideways from the relocated pedicel. Better to put the guy on the grill.

3. Kevin Strock

Kevin Strock Member

I keep my colony around 75 degrees with about 20% humidity. If the skull drys out just get a spray bottle and soak the skull. You can add a teaspoon of ammonia. If you add to much it will kill them

4. moonshine

moonshine Active Member

All the deer butchers i deal with save me the doe heads for the off season, i need about 100 to get through , i freeze them and i have them on hand

5. Kevin Strock

Kevin Strock Member

I save the tongues front the deer i do and that holds me over