1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Warrantless Search Refused

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Wally Gator, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Wally Gator

Wally Gator Well-Known Member

Now the taxidermist is burdened with proving that he did nothing wrong. I completely support law enforcement, but NOT when they are wrong.

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Right on our license it reads , they can inspect at any reasonable hour during business hours . They can’t just show up here in MD and request to inspect.

3. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Had a game warden one time tell me they are the only law enforcement agency that TRIES, to make you into a criminal!

livbucks likes this.
  4. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I've never had an inspection. My youngest son worked for a taxidermist in Austin, TX once. He said they were inspected regularly, and it was a total pain.

5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I had an enforcement officer ask to inspect my shop and I told him I was late picking up the kids from school, so he could wait there until I returned or come at another time. Never saw him again.

Another time, after I retired, one came by to inspect and I told him I was retired and had no longer kept a license. He said it wouldn't take long for the inspection. I told him that the regulations specifically stated that compliance to inspection was for licensed taxidermists taking in income from customers. So, no inspection. He left never to be seen by me again.

Lastly, I had one come by after I retired wanting to inspect my shop for a poached elk they were trying locate. We talked about everything under the sun for about an hour before he said he'd better get back to work. I said don't you want to look for the elk? I'm ok with it. He said he felt he didn't need to look for it here, because he could read people really well and that my friendly openness allowed him to determine that I would tell him if I had it.

webster likes this.
  6. Thank you for sharing this! I would be happy to discuss this case with anyone wanting more information. Have a great week and a happy thanksgiving!

Ron B and Lance.G like this.