1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pricing An Artificial Tree?

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by Muktown19, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Muktown19

Muktown19 New Member

Hey there- I was wondering you folks that have done life size trees, price a life size artificial tree. Do you price by the foot? I need to make a 14’ tree for a leopard to stand in, and not sure how to price it. I heard a rumor that Animal Artistry charges by the foot, and that they got $1,500/foot (this was years ago that I heard that). I want to get paid decently for my time/talent, but also don’t want to price myself out of a job. Telling a client that their 14’ tree will cost three times the cost of their leopard mount, seems crazy. I’m just curious to see how the habitat experts on here approach tree pricing when a client wants a 14’ tree. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks-

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Find a supply company that makes it , I believe McKenzie sells one , then get total cost for delivery and all and double that cost , as you still have to build a base and such . Then divide that cost by 14 , that will give you you price per foot your looking for.

3. ow88no1infoo

ow88no1infoo New Member