1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

1x3 Engraving Blanks.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by buckfever*, Nov 23, 2021.

1. The company I use to buy blank engraving plates ( trophy tags) are no longer functional.
    Does, ANYONE have a lead on where to purchase them?
    Tried the internet and that hasn't been helpful at all. Been paying around 80 bucks per 100 one company from internet quoted $330.00 per 100.

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Local trophy shop or Van Dyke's.

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I got away from tags years ago . They come off . I went to punching codes . They don’t come off and you never loose that hides identity. I do use a water proof tag that I put around the bag when in freezer . But if that tag ever came off , I just thaw , and read punch numbers. I punch each hide with the number on my receipt book . So when a deer comes in or whatever, the next receipt number is there punch number . If same client brings in a second or third critter I just add a 1,2 or 3 to the punch number . If you want more info pm me .

4. 15pt

15pt Well-Known Member

Alabama
    I think he's talking about an engraved tag for plaque.

buckfever* likes this.
  5. Thanks for the reply, but wrong type of tags.
    Name plate trophy tags.
    You know Joe Blow
    11-24-21
    Cat House Stand.
    I have owned an engraving machine for 35 years. Just having problem finding the blanks at the moment.

6. I own my own engraver have for 35 years.. Just having a problem find the blanks for it right now. Like a lot of other stuff in this country of ours right now.
    You can't buy blanks from van dyke's and trophy shops will rape your ass. Like I said in post. Normally get 100 blank tags for 80 bucks. $330.00 for a 100 ain't happening!!!!!

7. You got it!!!!
    I guess I didn't explain well enough lol

8. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Gotcha, we just had a post bout that . Just look for trophies shop near you . They would sell them to ya . That said i Google trophy name plates and this big supply company that sell all that popped up . Might try that .

9. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I'll txt you the number of an Alabama taxidermist I know that has an engraving machine. Maybe he can assist you in where he gets blanks.

10. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Page 583 of the new Van Dykes catalog says otherwise.

11. Ok you got me on they sell blanks.
    However there $1.65 ( ea. ) That's $165.00 per 100 not including tax and shipping. And my book is a 2020 probably more now.
    Point being Taxidermy is hard enough to earn a living at, being dumb on purchasing doesn't help at all.
    Just bought 100 blanks for 90.00 bucks, with shipping and taxes $109.00
    Bell co company in Alabama.

12. Thank you Joey, ol bud!!!

joeym likes this.
  13. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Last I heard they were about 9 cents apiece..but I'm sure they are more than that now.