1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Old60furs Is No Longer Buying Furbearers

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by old60furs, Nov 24, 2021.

1. old60furs

old60furs MO buyers license number is 2465. I need your #

I have enjoyed visiting and selling critters on the taxidermy forum for quite a few years. Many of my taxidermist customers and most of the Ozarks trappers have been notified but it'll be a while before my texts and emails slow down.

I started buying furs in fall of 2005 because I retired from full time teaching and coaching and wanted to trap more but there were no fur buyers in my area. Over the years the number of MO and AR buyers has dwindled down to almost none. I have told some of my better trappers to post their critters on the forum so don't be surprised if a small flurry of new folks join our forum.

I will continue to visit the forum.

Thanks

Marc

Tom Mayer likes this.
  2. Bradley Smith

Bradley Smith Member

Yeah and I don't like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

i'm not a fur buyer but i am sorry to hear this. the price of furs, at least around here is falling fast.

4. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

tough to buy when same as no fur market left for the central, southern, or eastern states type quality. if not northern or western high elevation, just no value this year. only a handful of buyers left in indiana and most of them taxidermists. my western furs still bring great $ ($100 coyotes, $700 bobcats), but here in indiana no market for anything, unless it is something really special. presently coon and possum have zero value. same with beaver, fox, etc.. they some minimal value but it is less than the cost to skin and scrape and put up. the only items left that will pay to produce are high end ( notice the "high end" , not all of them) western cats and coyotes. central , southern and eastern states nothing has any value. done ee done done

msestak and Glenn M like this.
  5. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

i was told by a fur buyer here that large raccoons "might" bring $3.00, coyote and fox maybe $10.00

thats while the hide is on the body and he has to do the work :)

6. Really sorry to hear this Marc was really great to deal with His specimens and furs were always prime and top quality and always arrived still frozen and were priced reasonably

7. Sorry to hear Marc thanks for all the awesome critters over the years good luck and God bless

msestak likes this.