1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Squirrel Skulls

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by pir^2h, Nov 27, 2021.

1. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Anyone know where to get artificial squirrel skulls from? I pick up road kill and almost always the skulls are crushed. I have taken to wrapping my own bodies due to the cost of manikins starting to get a bit on the expensive side. Without a skull is makes it hard to do a good mount.

2. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

3. I will usually make a silicone mold and then cast my squirrel skulls of you need some real skulls next time the boys go hunting l will save them for you

pir^2h likes this.
  4. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Darn, I just tossed a couple of beetle cleaned skulls from my dermesterium. How many do you use annually? I'll try to accumulate a few for you.

pir^2h and Johnnyclyde like this.
  5. pir^2h

Sorry for the late reply. Too much to do with too little time. School eats up my evenings and some weekends. I only do this as a hobby so no more than a dozen per year. If you get any I will take them!

Johnnyclyde likes this.
  6. pir^2h

Sounds great!

I was trying to start a taxidermy club at my school and put in my request (twice) over a month ago but never got a response so I am assuming it was denied but they don't want to tell me it was. They seem to be just blowing it off. I need to corner the principal one day if I can ever catch him. Some of these kids go nuts over my mounts including a couple birds you sent me last year Johnny. The biology classes like being able to see and touch them.

Johnnyclyde likes this.
  7. pir^2h

Holy cow! For a couple more bucks you can get the whole manikin. I didn't think they would cost that much. Thanks for the link anyways. Appreciate it!