1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

White cheeked pintail

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Schmidte217, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Schmidte217

Schmidte217 Guest

Just did one of these up for the first time, their body might not be the most colorful thing ever, but their wings make up for all of that! What struck me is that the speculum is so minute, and to have such a broad trailing edge is definetly unlike anything we have here.

[​IMG]

Eric

2. mark bartee

mark bartee Guest

NOT BAD FOR YOUR FIRST BIRD.. :eek: :D

3. daniel

daniel New Member

yes i agree where,s my shotgun all the best daniel ;D ;D

4. Schmidte217

Schmidte217 Guest

You crack me up man! Yea, for a while I've been curious how he'd turn out, now if I can just get down there and plug a few in person! LOL

Eric

5. bird artist

bird artist New Member

Hey nice bird, are you still going to get me my blue grouse or what?
    aaron 775-233-4540

6. BeckyBird

BeckyBird My Baby Bluebirds

Is that your first bird, or just your first white cheeked pintail? It looks way too good to be your first bird:eek:)

7. Schmidte217

Schmidte217 Guest

Just my first on the white cheeked pintail. I wish my first bird was like that!

Eric

8. Schmidte217

Schmidte217 Guest

Hey Aaron, nice to hear from ya, been a while. Should be able to get one your way.

Eric

9. Jims Wildlife Studio

Jims Wildlife Studio Full Time PA Taxidermist

Eric, That is a vary unique looking bird. Very Nice Mount.

10. JonHarleTX

JonHarleTX Ya'll hear that. George just signed in. Quick Hide

very nice mount Eric!

I have a mottled duck in the freezer, it is captive raised, but one wing has a spec just like that.. unfortunately.. it's a pinioned bird, and I think it is the wing that is pinioned.

Jon~

11. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Extraordinary problems require extraordinary solutions!
    You know me ... I would probably sew on two new wings with primary feathers, complete with bones, severed then re-joined right at the wrist joint.
    But then ... I'm probably crazy.

-Nancy

12. JonHarleTX

JonHarleTX Ya'll hear that. George just signed in. Quick Hide

Hahah.. Nancy.. I have another mottled in the freezer for that exact reason.. Just havne't had the time to deal with "MY" stuff.

Jon

13. wingman

wingman Active Member

Eric I cant say I have ever put together one of those , NICE job, so hows life? I was thinking of you when I collected some franklins and blues last week Ha Ha Later

14. Schmidte217

Schmidte217 Guest

Rub it in!! Everything's good, shoot me an emai when you get time, haven't heard from ya in a while.

Eric

15. nebs

nebs Guest

Hey Eric, great mount! I sent you an email, give me a holler. Wingman what state did you get the grouse in?

16. wingman

wingman Active Member

Western Montana

17. Brian

Brian Active Member

is that duck mount for sale?