1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

One More Dinosaur Question (ok 2 More)

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Clovis Point, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Clovis Point

Clovis Point Active Member

So my triceretops came today from Mckenzie, going to be my sons 3rd birthday present. I was expecting it to be made of hard plastic like a fish repro but its actually foam.. It is a little bit denser than form foam but it has several spots where the mold didnt fill all the way and there where bubbles... whenever this has happened in the past with a form I have just slapped some clay in there and rolled on, but in those instances I always was covering the spot with skin.... Should I use clay, magic sculpt, fixitsculpt, or bondo (thats what I have on hand) ? or something else?

What should I prime/seal the surface with? Ill be painting with Illustrater... On my repro fish I just rubbed them down with acetone and fogged a thin airy coat of white and went to town... suggestions ?

2. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Use the Magic Sculpt you have on hand. Prime the entire mannikin with flat white as a base coat, so the repair work should not show up in the finished product.

Clovis Point likes this.