1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Artificial Fins

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Pikeonthefly, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Pikeonthefly

Pikeonthefly Active Member

Are there any other places to purchase artificial fins other than the 2 large taxidermy supply warehouses? I have a few trout that I am working on, and I have purchased some replacements and about the only fins useable are the pectoral. The tails are suspect and the rest you might as well throw away. Same with the pike. The anal and dorsal are pretty lousy. There isn't much of a taper on the ends of them so shaping is not really an option.

2. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Call lake country
    I like there fins and ask lead time

3. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

What are you looking for exactly?
    I only use cast fins on everything I do.
    Some from my own molds and others I buy. I can point you in a direction but need species. believe it or not the old arp line has some pretty damn nice 38 in and up king fins. Never would have thought!

4. Pikeonthefly

Pikeonthefly Active Member

Thanks guys! I have a half dozen trout that were given to me. They are 20 -22 inch. They are freezer burned so the fins are less than useable. The day I made this post a package of fins for a cutthroat arrived and they are useable. Maybe its just the rainbow.

5. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Soak the fins in some water/fabric softener. You will be amazed what can turn useable.

Cecil likes this.