1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pro 1 Hide Pasie

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by drob, Dec 8, 2021.

1. drob

drob Active Member

I started using Pro 1 hide paste last year with good results.This year I received a container of it that is very thick and lumpy,it is impossible to spread.I contacted the supplier and they said that this is common and to just add a little water and mix it.My question is does that sound correct or did I receive a bad batch ?

2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

No your good I’ve gotten the same thing , called and talked to Paul, he explained it , I kinda like it as you just add the water hit it with a paint mixer on the drill and u can determine the thickness kinda thing . It has not effected its holding strength as it’s a water base glue anyway.

drob and ARUsher like this.

3. drob

drob Active Member

Thankyou very much ! I truly appreciate your help.

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I have never added water to pro 1 , I just blend it up til it is the consistency I like but if Paul says its ok to do so I would believe him, it's his product. Put a paint stirrer in a drill and get after it. Good stuff, just ordered 5 more gallons today.

drob likes this.
  5. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

I had a pail that was like that and it was a yellowish color. Just added water and thinned it out seems fine. Just add a little ammonia or bleach with the water to take care of it, is what I was told

drob likes this.
  6. Crittrstuffr

Crittrstuffr Active Member

I use a Lysol - Water mixture to wipe down my tools and table and added some of that to my Pro-1 them mixed it to loosen it up a little. I told Paul about the way it was coming in as like y'all I received it before and it was butter smooth but the last few are lumpy. He told me to only add water not water mixed with anything else to it as it will throw off the chemical make up of the paste. I my mistake was thinking the Lysol would improve it . . . Wrong

drob likes this.
  7. drob

drob Active Member

Thankyou everyone for the replies!