1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A Few Skulls My Son Has Worked On This Year

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Tnrandy, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Tnrandy

Tnrandy Active Member

Here are a few my son has worked on this year. This site has really helped him step up his game in the last couple years. Went from boiling/simmering and no extra degreasing to maceration and degreasing. We've learned no two skulls are the same...and keep degreasing, until the water is clean. We aren't turning out museum quality stuff, but I'm proud of the work he is doing and so far no complaints, and a lot of repeat customers.

Attached Files:

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Should be proud of himself. Good job on all. That will positively get repeat customers and their friends who see those as well.

3. Tnrandy

Tnrandy Active Member

Appreciate it sea wolf...also appreciate all the help.

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

If he starts getting swamped with work and overloaded, consider it time to raise the fee a bit. Will eliminate some but not all and you will still get many returns when they see yours compared to someone else's.

5. evanmart20

evanmart20 New Member

His skulls look great! love that titanium white looking finish. Can I ask, does he use a sealer? and if so, what is it?

6. Tnrandy

Tnrandy Active Member

Thanks, he's worked hard to deliver a good product. No sealer used. Lot's of degreasing and vol 40 peroxide, after peroxide he sets them in the sunlight for a few days.

7. TnRandy what are you using for a hanger on the skull? I too started this year with boiling and pressure washing and now have moved to maceration. This site is a huge resource for new folks.

8. Tnrandy

Tnrandy Active Member

Some want a plaque, others don't want anything, and some want just a hanger. This is what we use for a hanger. I get them from Amazon for like $10...however I hear there are some places on Facebook selling similar for $5...so I might check into those. We don't have many that just want a hanger. And YES, a great site with great helpful folks.
    upload_2022-1-11_10-58-21.png