1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Badger Krome Airbrush Bubbling Through Cup

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by OkieTrav, Dec 25, 2021.

1. crablover

crablover Well-Known Member

From my experience using multiple RK Chrome brushes, I have found them to be very finicky and not problem free. I have separate chromes for lacquer and water based paints. The trigger assembly is very touchy to get right and I find I have to disassemble and clean completely far more often than any of the multiple airbrushes I use. They do the job very well when they are working correctly

OkieTrav likes this.
  2. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Look at the nozzle tip. Is it crimped and out of round? I only ask because I did it on a krone when I used to use them.

OkieTrav likes this.

3. OkieTrav

OkieTrav New Member

I'm not sure now because I sent it back to be repaired or exchanged. I don't think it was though because I switched out the nozzle tip and it was still acting up. I'll post a reply back here and let everyone know what the dealer finds wrong with it (if anything). Maybe it'll help someone in the future thats having a similar issue.
    Thanks again to everyone who offered me possible solutions. It is much appreciated!

13 point and Mudbat like this.
  4. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Th
    https://airbrushinsider.com/why-an-airbrush-blows-bubbles/

Tanglewood Taxidermy and 3bears like this.
  5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Thanks for that link.

6. Clovis Point

Clovis Point Active Member

I have had renegade series airbrushes that clogged and couldnt be unclogged by me or Jesus (the repair tech at badger, pronounced HayZuess) and I have damaged tips etc

The one important piece of advice I have to give that hasnt been mentioned and saved me a ton of frustration is to strain your paint through panty hose as youre pouring it in the cup.

Since I switched to Illustrator I dont have to do this any more but back when I still used Lacquer base it was like a Godsend. And on the rare occasions I spray lacquer now or (even more rare) other brands of water base I still strain it and dont have issues.