1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Surcharge

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by James Marsico, Dec 28, 2021.

1. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

I just had the bronze casting foundry send me a bill on sculpture castings I have sold on order. They quoted me a verbal casting price per bid. Now they have added a 5 percent surcharge to each cast on completion. Who does that? Who thinks it is fair or that is a good business practice? Do any taxidermists do this on completed mounts that had deposits and a quoted price that they took in months ago? Costs have gone up so how many add a unannouced surcharge to the original amount on the final bill ? I think it's bs. But what do I know.

sportinglife likes this.
  2. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

I ate at a restaurant in Seattle in november headed to alaska and when I got the bill it had a 20% surcharge on it. The server was embarrassed and said thats what they were doing now and she couldn't do anything about it. Ridiculous

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Not really fair but at the same time chit runs down hill . Cost of everything is headed up thanks to Brandon . That said ck your receipt, look to see if it states it in small print anywhere . Problem is even that it’s not fair and they should honor their original price , if they didn’t , these material increases could put them out of business if they didn’t pass them on . I would eat the cost but I’m sure there scale and cost are a whole lot more then mine .

4. NMJagdHunter

NMJagdHunter Ted Wenner

my Sherwin Williams store is now adding a 4% "supply chain" surcharge on everything.

5. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Added charges on anything already ordered is unacceptable, without any prior agreement of the policy by all involved. The agreement was already entered in to at a predetermined price for finished product. I understand that prices may increase for materials to complete project but that needs to be expressed at time of order that it will be passed onto the person making order. INTEGRITY, it seems to be a lost value these days.

6. Dave Byrd

Dave Byrd Active Member

I agree with 3bears. Completely unacceptable in my opinion. I didn't operate that way in the funeral business and certainly not in my taxidermy business.