1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Large Saltwater Fish??? To Texas!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Beltonbanger, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Need a little advise on getting some large saltwater replicas. Used Starfish but, of course...they have been bought out and the operation moved north. Shipping now has become a MAJOR concern. Last fall I received a tuna from them and actually thought a mistake had happened with the shipping....but of course...it didn't. I called and tried to see if they could crate 5-6 fish to distribute the shipping, no go. Used Rick H. before for fish Starfish didn't have...may have to return to him. I have to get a marlin, barracuda and a few others. Anybody used New Wave or others?

2. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    That’s who I use often for saltwater fish
    Mike is great to deal with
    But shipping charges have to be passed on to customer

Beltonbanger likes this.

3. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

These days it doesn’t matter who you getting them from your going to get bent over on shipping costs. Oh yeah UPS and Fed ex just did a 6% across the board increase on all fees. I just shipped a fish out via ups. 38x16x17 box. 40ish dollars to ship. I accidentally put in 38x17x17 and it was 93 to ship. Went up 50 dollars for 1 inch.

Beltonbanger likes this.
  4. Thanks guys!! Ya....it's the customer that is really getting "bent over". Shipping these big boxes around the country is getting crazy. Clew.....I'll give them a call. Thanks! Rick Hardy crated fish and it was sure cheaper than receiving many fish all shipped separately. I'll see if Mike will.

5. newbirdman

newbirdman Active Member

Good morning

Ive been doing taxidermy since 1967 so I have molds for over 100 species . I sell a lot of fish blanks on Ebay during the warmer months . I can send you my list if you give me your email . Only problem is I'm in NJ and only make them when its warm enough to make outside .

Rick

Beltonbanger likes this.