1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mr Mike Boyce

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by RDA, Jan 3, 2022.

1. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

mike_boyce.jpg
    It's a very sad day for the Taxidermy industry as Mr Mike Boyce has passed away on January 2, 2022 after battles with numerous types of cancers. His vision for our industry changed it forever. Many great artists owe their success to working at his shop and learning his vision for animals in motion. And the entire industry owes him thanks for bringing Taxidermy into a little more of a professional light. It's the end of an Era...

Ron ANderson
    Former Finish Supervisor at Animal Artistry

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2022
    Clew, pir^2h, George and 5 others like this.
  2. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

WOW , SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS , He was a great person and talent , he brought taxidermy to a whole new level. Reading some of his articles and thoughts made me start charging more and made me put a better product out . MAY YOU REST IN PEACE MR BOYCE , THANKS FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR OUR INDUSTRY.

msestak, drob and Richard C like this.

3. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

RIP...Mr. Boyce and THANK YOU

Mandi likes this.
  4. MR. Brad

MR. Brad Member

We are truly saddened by the passing of Mr. Boyce. He truly raised the bar in our industry and help us all take a step up in our businesses. His vision and passion will live on in our memories. Our deepest condolences to his family, and co workers. He will be missed!

Richard C and msestak like this.
  5. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Ditto,13point.

msestak likes this.
  6. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

Very inspirational sadly missed

7. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

I didn’t know Mike personally. I met him at some conventions and we always had pleasant conversations. The work produced in his studio was inspiring. He surrounded himself with talented people and put a professional attitude in our industry. He was a great innovator.

8. DTS 1046

DTS 1046 Member

Not only a very good Taxidermist, he was also one of the best business people in the industry.
    RIP Mike.
    Mary Dinges

9. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

Never meet the man but read his articles and looked at his pictures over the years,
    RIP my friend.

10. tat

tat Member

A leader in the taxidermy industry and taught may taxidermist to achieve a greatness they never thought possible a friend and awesome taxidermist and business man that brought taxidermy to a higher level will be greatly missed sorely missed

11. Whitetails1

Whitetails1 Craig C.

Very sorry to hear this, never had the opportunity to meet Mike, but read many articles about him and followed along with his blogs and social media posts. He made such a huge impact in the taxidermy culture. Hiring talented gifted artists, and letting them come up with innovative ideas and formulas, that are used by a lot of us today! Condolences to his family.

12. AZ~Rich

AZ~Rich " Africa" never fails to satisfy

I stopped by his Reno studio back in 92 and had the chance to talk with him at length. A true gentleman and creative artist that will be missed by many. I was immediately impressed with his vision and level of mastery. A real leader in taxidermy for sure. Rest in peace Mike.

13. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Wow! Holy crap! I never met Mike in person, but spoke with him on the phone a few times years ago ... this is sad news indeed. He really set a standard for innovation. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. Rest in Peace, good sir ...

14. catman

catman Active Member

I met Mike in 91 when the NTA was in Reno. In October of that year, I went to work for Mike. It was some of the best times I can remember in taxidermy. It was some hard times as well. Young men, often struggle with their question, “do I have what it takes”? I wish I could say that I left there under better circumstances, but newly implemented production quotas and a lack of maturity on my end made for an awkward parting of ways. I never wanted to go back, but I would not trade that time for anything. I am still learning from my time spent there. Mike was not a perfect boss, but he had remarkable vision for art and taxidermy as well as being a truly gifted communicator. After leaving, my respect for him grew immensely. He was always gracious in those later years and we had some rich conversations. He greatly influenced me as a person and an artist. Mike and the guys I worked with there helped shape my taxidermy style and I will be forever grateful that he gave me an opportunity to be part of his dream.
    Godspeed my friend.

RDA, LordRusty, Whitetails1 and 5 others like this.
  15. May he rest in peace. Prayers for all whose lives he touched.