1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Brain Blaster Parts - Compressed Air Setup

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by lazyMlazyK, Jan 3, 2022.

1. lazyMlazyK

lazyMlazyK New Member

ND
    I've looked around the site and done a bunch of searching, but haven't found what I'm looking for. As I live in the North, I can't use water outdoors year-round. I'd like to make a brain blaster that uses compressed air, but I'm clueless on the parts that I need. Would anyone be willing to help me out with a parts list?

2. Tnrandy

Tnrandy Active Member

This is what we use. I bent the tubing a little more so it's easier to get into brain cavity.
    upload_2022-1-3_11-16-48.png

3. I just use the same nozzle pictured above. I drilled a hole in the side of a garbage can and poke the nozzle through it. Then the brains just blow down into the garbage bag with no mess. I’m not sure how to post videos on here but if you want to give me your email or cell number I can send you a video

Tnrandy likes this.
  4. Derrick Bentley

Derrick Bentley New Member

I use the tie wire on the end of a drill to whip the brain into a gross slurry, then the other attachment on the end of a hose to get it all out, works like a charm. In the winter (I live in Canada and it is currently -20C) I have two 5 gallon buckets that I use in the garage. One is half filled with hot water, then I drop a submersible water pump into the 5 gallon bucket, the other bucket has the deer head in it, then when I feed the water into the brain cavity, all of the brain slurry stays in the other bucket.

Attached Files:

5. QBD

QBD Active Member

I use my water blaster in my basement and catch the mess in a 5 gallon bucket. Makes no mess at all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    tem likes this.
  6. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Go to a hardware store and buy fittings to reduce the water inlet down to 1/4" pipe, then screw on an air fitting, and you have what you want.