1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mike Simpson Passes

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Jan 28, 2022.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

mike-simpson.jpg
    Mike Simpson of Conroe Taxidermy in Texas was instrumental in getting official SCI scoring seminars linked to the NTA Conventions. He was a world hunter and a great front man for SCI. I heard he passed suddenly while in the airport leaving the SCI convention.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2022
    crs and Happy. Little.Accident like this.
  2. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Sad to hear this Condolences to his family. I sent a top-ten elk to him for scoring several years ago.

3. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    My sincerest condolences to his friends and family ... May he Rest in Peace ...

4. ETXOUTDOORS

ETXOUTDOORS New Member

I have met both him and his son briefly. The “old studio” which I think was there house at one time was one of the coolest places I have been to.

5. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Mike was an legend in Texas Taxidermy had a long successful career and his sons are continuing the legacy. RIP Mike

6. Penczak

Penczak Member

I think it's wonderful Taxidermy-net has featured this thread of Mikes passing. This man lived and breathed Taxidermy he would be so honored.

Many years ago, I met him whilst I was working at Jonas Bro Taxidermy. He offered me a job and away I went to SE Texas. I worked for Mike several years. My work area was 20 feet from his. I learned a lot not just about the Taxidermy part of things,
    Almost all I mounted was African animals the whole time I was there.

His three sons have been running the business for years now. They even have a full tanning business for just their customers skins.

7. Penczak

Penczak Member

I'll say one more thing about Mike's passing.
    If you have a slight heart condition, you may or may not know it.
    When you're being forced to wear a mask. You're not going to get the optimal amount of oxygen your body needs to move through an airport.
    In this case the federal govt. airport mask mandates had to have contributed to his untimely passing.

8. MR. Brad

MR. Brad Member

Mike was a blessing to us all!