1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ear Wizzard

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Mckinneys, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Mckinneys

Mckinneys New Member

Hey I was just wondering if the ear wizzard was still made and if so where do I get one at?

2. tem

tem Well-Known Member

havent seen that on here in years. Dont even know if the guy is still around.

Mckinneys likes this.

3. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

There is a long post on here somewhere about it tho , maybe look it up should be some good info it

Mckinneys likes this.
  4. I searched high and low for one. I tried this sight, utube to watch his videos and searched the web. Found nothing but dead ends. Here was my solution, works perfectly! 0BBBCB7D-162B-43C1-A306-40022812B5F4.jpeg B424B5EE-7C28-4490-B999-8C8FC891D5EB.jpeg 3A0457E4-A8DC-4EAC-A6DB-FEEF4DBB7A54.jpeg

Westcoast and tem like this.
  5. Mckinneys

Mckinneys New Member

Nice but I was looking for one that was foot operated so it’s easier on my hands but that one looks like it would work well

6. tem

tem Well-Known Member

may be you can a tach a rope on the end of it and pull it down with your foot. may be.

7. My wife really wanted one that was foot operated as well. I tried attaching a chain, cable and a rope to my contraption but all were fails. With this she is now able to tough stubborn ears on old rank bucks, zebras and even aoudads with ease. Was a time saver and hand saver for sure. You can lean and use your body weight against it versus having to grip and squeeze. Best thing to happen to our shop since we started sewing our birds back up before we flesh them. That was the biggest time energy and effort saver I’ve ever seen in this business. Talk about a game changer when you sit down at the fleshing wheel with nice tight little bird package sewed up with no feathers to catch and no flop.

Mckinneys, ARUsher, tem and 1 other person like this.
  8. ARUsher

ARUsher Well-Known Member

If you have Facebook, search for a lady named Rena Parsons. They sell a foot operated one like the ear wizzard for around $250 I think. Ill look and see if I have a phone number for her.

Mckinneys likes this.
  9. Mckinneys

Mckinneys New Member

I’ll look her up and see if I can find her

ARUsher likes this.
  10. Bob C

Bob C New Member

I have a ear wizzard that I would sell you, hardly ever used it.

11. 254-654-6627
    Lee
    I would really like it how much?

12. Mckinneys

Mckinneys New Member

Hello I am interested in buying it and was wondering how much you wanted for it. You can call me at (804) 334-9162

13. Bob C

Bob C New Member

SOLD

14. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

If you want to make it easier on your hands, try physics under levers and fulcrum. Buy a set of those old ghastly Van Dyke models and cut off half of the two tongs. Grind them down to the size of a cigar and then flatten and taper the tips. You'll use half the effort and have much better control. AND THEN, when you use them, instead if trying to pry the ears open, lay the tool on its side so you can separate the skin from the cartilage instead of tearing them.
    P.S. this foot operated tools went away when people realized they were a POS gimmick

Richard C and rogerswildlife like this.