1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Extra Long Hold Time On Phone Through Mckenzie.

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by Connie Mack Moran, Feb 14, 2022.

1. Connie Mack Moran

Connie Mack Moran New Member

Texas
    Been trying to get McKenzie to answer there phones since Thursdays last week, Today is Monday an I have made 3 different call adding up to around 40 minutes on hold. finally I just let it ring an finally a lady answered the phone (that was working from home) an she told me there 33 people on hold in cue waiting to be answered.

Also they are putting a 3.5% sur change on everything, so if your ordering one of there tales, get ready, your no exception, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OVER THERE

Glenn M likes this.
  2. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

That's the service we get for buying their EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS and pay OVER PRICED SHIPPING. This chit is getting old real old fast. I hung up on them the other day and ordered hide paste, ear liners, clay and eyes from some one else.
    It's just not them, I ordered a form eyes, ear liners and clay FED-EX , it arrived quick with the forms head broke off and nothing else inside. I called and they said they were sorry and will send right away. The form was an upright and to big for the box, that's why when thrown around and dropped it broke, it was also just stapled no tape. If taped I'm sure the other stuff would of arrive and box not split wide open. Well she for got I guess so I called back 4 days later and a guy said he would get it right out. So what happened to getting it in one day like the first time. I sent them pictures of the smashed open box as it sat on my porch, that most likely saved me from a argument. It just never fails.

3. crablover

crablover Well-Known Member

I have had the same problem lately. One hour yesterday to get someone to place an order. Last week, a previous order took 2 weeks to arrive and was missing some products. 3 products were on back order but I was never told when I placed to order. There service has gotten horrible lately and the shipping charges are off the charts. The PA warehouse is 2 hours from me and I have always had 2 day delivery with Fed X. I always request shipping from PA, however my last order was shipped from NC even though I requested it come from PA. I was charged for shipping from NC and that charge was outrageous. They have gone downhill with both service and shipping charges, and it's time to find new suppliers

4. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

a a shipper I can tell you lots of shipping costs have DOUBLED, some TRIPLED. this si everywhere for everything. you want a wait, order a new truck, or well, anything. go brandon! not sticking up for mckensie or anyone, jut saying a lot of issues the blame lies in washington dc. and the STOLEN election(s)

Richard C, Keith and Mudbat like this.
  5. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Not sure why any one is shocked currently with having to wait for anything. Or what they are having to pay. It’s like that no matter where you go or what you buy. Just is what it is. Shipping fees are extremely high no matter where you go. And the delivery times of say a year ago are no more from shippers. Though I will say ups has stayed pretty consistent. Fed ex has been all over the place sometimes two days sometimes a week. And usps is just a lost cause.
    Heck I’ve had orders from Matuska not get processed for 5 days after I put the order in. Just is what it is in these times.

drob, Glenn M and bob wendt like this.
  6. whitetails and fish only

whitetails and fish only Well-Known Member

I order on line, no problem, many companies still offer free shipping if buy $50 to $100 worth of product. As for being put on hold during phone calls, this is happening everywhere, not just Taxidermy supply companies.

7. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

Show me a Taxidermy supply company that has free shipping if order is over 50.00 or 100.00.

Mudbat likes this.
  8. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

they bought everyone and formed a monopoly. try and buy other places. it can be done but they locked down the majority of the products. it seems to be their way or none at all.
    consumer prices are rising everywhere, Taxidermists are going to have to raise theirs to keep up.
    gas, food, heating bills, homes, building and repair supplies and OMG have you seen the prices on automobiles. not just new ones but used ones too.

they want brand new prices for a 4, 5 or 6 year old vehicle...NOT FROM ME.

drob and Glenn M like this.
  9. Dave York

Dave York Well-Known Member

4 week wait on my last order. I have an order now that’s going on it’s third week.

10. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

Yes, been waiting since mid January for my order. I live in WI so the cheapest place for me to order things is McKenzie as long as I use SpeeDee delivery. I order online so never have issues getting my order in. I have called a couple times or messaged through my account and either talked to somebody or got a message right away. Not blaming them, but the 2 forms and eye's are the most popular sized and forms they have. You would have thought they would have stockpiled them.

11. msestak

probably having trouble getting materials to make the forms.

bob wendt and Mudbat like this.
  12. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

I'm afraid it ain't gonna get better any time soon.

Research Mannikins is just as bad. A month to about 2 month wait in the past year for some forms.

If you order a lifesize form with out rods, we have had to wait weeks for these.

13. 15pt

15pt Well-Known Member

Alabama
    Been waiting on my order 3 weeks and I've been charged shipping 2 weeks ago.

14. msestak

seems like an opportunity if some folks want to start their own supply company :)

bob wendt likes this.
  15. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I’m placing a 5 grand order beginning of this week coming, that I’m going to pk up in PA , wonder what they won’t have .

16. Western Wildlife Art Studio

Western Wildlife Art Studio STUDIO PHONE (406) 356-2100

received the crate of forms last week,, all went WELL , but used to cost 250 or less to have it delivered by TRUCK - - now I got quoted 320 FOR SAME AMOUNT OF FORMS and when The bill came it was 400 -

RIP OFF BY MCKENZIE DOES NOT STOP << ...

THEY KEEP SCRWEING US NO Matter WHAT

edstaxidermy and msestak like this.
  17. msestak

i wonder if they are violating any federal "monopoly" laws ? maybe someone should ask their AG office to look into this. does anyone do any work for someone in an office that could look at it ?
    Hmmmm, just a thought i had.

18. 15pt

15pt Well-Known Member

Alabama
    Called this morning and was on hold so long that I actually mounted a deer and was still on hold. Never did talk to anybody and still no shipment. 3 weeks and 4 days now.

19. msestak

if you used a credit card, cancel the order and use someone else. your customer wont know what form you used.

20. 15pt

15pt Well-Known Member

Alabama
    A bunch of Shane Smith bird bodies. Mostly turkeys. Theyve got a monopoly on shit and cant keep up!!