1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Extra Long Hold Time On Phone Through Mckenzie.

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by Connie Mack Moran, Feb 14, 2022.

1. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

i would refuse to be held hostage by one company.

2. 15pt

15pt Well-Known Member

Alabama
    It's the only thing I use them for. I'm a foster and Joe coombes user.

msestak likes this.

3. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Boss ordered for a safari order today. It's a good thing I wrote down substitutes for the glass eyes because they didn't have the Payer eyes in stock. Common sizes too.

McKenzie has to special pour some of the shoulder mounts. Kudu, gemsbok and springbok. These are just regular forms. We never had problems like this in the past.

The cost of urethane is through the roof. I suspect they are being selective with the pours.

Research is really the only alternative for some of these forms, but they are even in worse shape with their orders.

He was on hold for about an hour, and mentioned the dogs and screaming kids in the background.

msestak likes this.
  4. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

The three or four company's I have been dealing with all have issues, no eyes, out of hide paste, no this no that. Tanneries, out of business, the ones that are still open have a crazy turn a round time, Keystone told me 7 months start time. When is it going to end?

freeze_1 and msestak like this.
  5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Looks like I chose a great time (pr-covid, pre Biden) to retire from taxidermy. Shane smith bodies are what I would want to order from them, however, Matuska's bird bodies by Corry are almost as good.

freeze_1, msestak and Glenn M like this.
  6. crablover

crablover Well-Known Member

Tangle, would love to see some pictures of your work after all your help and 7,761 posts

7. drob

drob Well-Known Member

I tried Joe Coombs this year ( because of problems with other suppliers)and it seems that their forms are for smaller deer.I got a couple of 19" forms where the body is just to small.

buckfever* likes this.
  8. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Lol, not as bad as the IRS. I finally got through to them on day 3, only to find they were not who I had to contact for my inquiry.

9. Bruledrift

Bruledrift Active Member

I ordered mid Jan, nothing yet. Talked to another Taxi that has 5000.00 order that he put in, in Dec and has nothing yet. He mentioned they are having a hard time finding the release for the forms and can't keep up.

Keith likes this.
  10. LordRusty

LordRusty If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Ohio
    Research Mannikins; Matuska Taxidermy Supply; Headquarters Taxidermy Supply; Joe Coombs Supply; Ohio Taxidermy Supply ... why are you ordering only from McKenzie? That makes no sense. These other suppliers have all the same supplies and then some! Between these listed suppliers, damn near all Whitetail sizes and poses are covered, as well as Exotics and African. As for eyes, I order directly from Tohickon Glass Eyes. I order my hide paste directly from Pro-1 Performance Chemicals. Critter Clay can be ordered from any supplier, or AVES Studios directly. There is no need to be held prisoner by one supply company. That is the doing of individuals themselves ... because "It's easier" ... a poor excuse for not shopping around!

drob likes this.
  11. BowDeadly

HeHeHe, I shop around for certain things, critter clay from Aves is crazy shipping, I use to get it from a close source to help shipping cost and they stopped ordering because of shipping. Eyes from Tohickon, didn't have them. Tried a Buck eye form twice, heads are to wide for or De, PA. deer. Just keep trying I guess.

12. BowDeadly

Got me thinking I NEED CRITTER CLAY, I called them and asked for seconds, the sometimes have it, off colored that's all. They had 5 pounders. I asked the shipping on the 15 pounds. it was 36.00 for 15 pounds. Back to thinking.

13. Don't bother to leave the voicemail that's suspose to call you back in 24 hours. Yea right left two messages on two separate weeks. NO RETURN CALL yet. Ridiculous If I can get it , some place else that's the plan from now on.
    Screw-em I'm not important enough to call back , their products dam sure that important to me either.
    Explain this stupid chit, did a online order last week with them , received it today. Not making this chit up . One box Fed Ex, the second box UPS. Both out of same warehouse. And worse contents of both boxes would have fit in either of the same boxes with room to spare.

14. BowDeadly

MUCH MONEY MADE ON SHIPPING, I can return the same item from same shipper for less, I guess they add in the little piece of bubble wrap and the cost of the box and the cost of all the people that handled the order from the phone call to putting it on the truck then waving goodbye.

15. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Do any of you bother to listen to the message? It clearly says that if you don't want to wait, leave your number and they'll call YOU.
    I'm suck of hearing the whining. McKenzie didn't "buy up all the suppliers". Not one single supplier had the Gestapo show up and rip their company from them. In most cases, it was the supplier who begged McKenzie to buy them out.
    You guy would make a perfect chapter in Yogi Berra's book of "Yogiisms". He was asked to go to a very popular restaurant once. He declined by saying, "Nobogy ever goes to that place. It's too crowded."
    STOP USING MCKENZIE OR STOP PISSING ANG MOANING ABOUT THEM. NOBODY USES THEM BECAUSE THEY CHARGE TOO MUCH AND YOU HAVE TO WAIT TO GET AN ASSOCIATE!

16. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Spot in George.
    I used to complain about them a lot. Contacted different folks inside McKenzie about shipping costs. Don’t know what happened but my shipping costs are more inline with what I expect them to be. Many of you also don’t seem to understand that the cost of shipping has double and tripled since just this time last year. It’s not their fault. Also if fed ex or ups recognize your address as a residential you pay a higher shipping rate. I have stuff shipped to my regular work and the cost difference on items I have sent there is very noticeable( it’s in a medical complex). mckenzie also has instructions on file from me to pack everything in the smallest box possible with the most stuff and I will take responsibility for any damages. If items are at different ware house I won’t order some of them. Sometimes if you talk nicely to person instead of like billy bad ass they will wave the extra shipping charge from the other ware house.

Keith likes this.
  17. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Now next time you get an order from McKenzie, measure that cute cardboard box and f you match it against this U-Line product list, you'll see where the additional cost comes from. Check out the cost of a 48x40x24 box. If you buy a THOUSAND boxes, you can get them discounted to $19.90 EACH. Now that's before they're imprinted and stapled together BY SOMEONE ELSE. All of us know they have vary sized boxes ( the 8x4x4 are $.32 each regardless of quantity) and keeping several thousand of the constantly in stock cost more that most of you clear in a year. If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch. upload_2022-2-26_13-50-42.png upload_2022-2-26_13-50-42.png

upload_2022-2-26_13-50-42.png

18. BowDeadly

graphics-laughing-590695 - Copy.gif

19. I quit using Mckenzie because of their outrages new shipping charges. I live in Western Colorado 5 1/2 hours from their Salt Lake Warehouse that's where all my stuff ships from. Last year I could order a elk form, eyes and ear liners for a shipping charge of $60 bucks. This year they charged me $110 to ship the same form, eyes and ear liners! I ordered the same materials from Joe Coombs in South Carolina and they only charged me $54 bucks for shipping!

drob likes this.
  20. George, > ( It clearly says that if you don't want to wait, leave your number and they'll call YOU.)
    They aren't bothering to do that neither.!!!!
    Two weeks two different voice mails left and ZERO RESPONSE. That's my only problem with them.. personally I could care less what the shipping cost is. It's charged back to the customer. They want to add 3.5 % surcharge no problem buy else where's or pass it on.
    But my pet peeve is "return my dam phone call."
    And I don't care who it is Mckinze , Coombs, Jim Bob Johnson Supply, my kids, who ever. They prompt you to leave a message and call you back within 24 hours. DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU WILL DO!
    I'm sure we all call a potential customer back in our shops. Don't we ????