1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bob Wendt Is A Crook And Lyer , I Gave Him The Chance To Fix .

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by 13 point, Mar 8, 2022.

1. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

This won’t make me a very popular guy as Bob is liked by some . So here goes , Bob advertised huge raccoons 30lbs plus , if you look back on that post I ask if he had any 35 lbers. If so I would take one . He said yes , I called and ordered one , he said he had one that the tail was off of but would send a replacement tail with for $35 , I said that’s fine . He said $30 to ship . I sent him a ck for $65 was excited to get a hammer coon . When I realized he was shipping it out usps I called and ask if he could send it ups as our mail sucks . He said yes but it would be another $30 dollars. I’m like that’s nuts . He assured me it would get here just fine by snail mail . So I said ok , and it did show up on Friday thawed but good . Here’s ware all went to hell . For one the box was a pre amount pd box if it fits it ships for same cost . He charged me $30 for a $16 box that’s damn near double. I get a little extra. But the mail is picked up he drives nowhere . Remember I said he told me $30 more to ship UPS so $60 , well he charged a friend not to far from me $35 total for a box that had 2 coons and a skunk in it shipped, UPS . Then I take the coon and extra tail out , the tail is a different color completely and the coon measurements are 2x20x27 1/2 , not big at all , i fleshed it out the whole time thinking this is not a huge coon . I cked the supply books and it isn’t even one of the biggest size forms you can buy . I then sent those measurements to some on here ( taxi net ) and ask what they thought it should weigh at those measurements, they all said 18 - 22 lbs that is not a small coon but definitely not a 35lber like advertised and I ask about . I can kill that size here in Md . So today I called Bob , when I ordered it he was all chipper and nice , today as soon as I said I wasn’t happy his attitude changed quickly. He wanted me to send it back on my dime and if it was perfect he would refund my money . When I told him I processed it he said there was nothing he could do . I said that is not a huge coon and what he sent my buddy was bigger then that , he said they were all that size , and my buddies measure 31 - 32 inches so that’s a lie . At that time I could tell I was getting no ware . He didn’t care and wasn’t going to do anything, alls I want is a huge coon as advertised. Coons even big ones are only selling for like $5 on the fur market so I don’t no why he couldnt find his biggest coon and ship it to me . I’m not saying Bob is a bad guy but this is the first time dealing with him and last because how he is handling the whole situation. I’m not the bad guy here and I gave him the opportunity to fix the problem and he refuses. Here some pics so you see I’m not BSing anyone . How big do you all feel it is ?
    sorry for double pics , can’t erase then
    3B17FDF6-2CFA-4590-9202-2DE2F1C3BC49.jpeg 2785DDFC-589B-4756-BA4A-13DCD03189D9.jpeg 4B38C864-EA55-4509-9C21-F93274264260.jpeg 2FC2B2DF-1B35-4C73-9B98-EAF271669562.jpeg 90361ACC-CD11-44DF-ADBB-E2BD422EAAEA.jpeg 3B17FDF6-2CFA-4590-9202-2DE2F1C3BC49.jpeg 2785DDFC-589B-4756-BA4A-13DCD03189D9.jpeg 4B38C864-EA55-4509-9C21-F93274264260.jpeg 2FC2B2DF-1B35-4C73-9B98-EAF271669562.jpeg 90361ACC-CD11-44DF-ADBB-E2BD422EAAEA.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    Kerby Ross likes this.
  2. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

This is the top post right now so I am not bumping it. You should have posted this on the buyers and sellers board. Just saying!
    I don't have a dog in this. All I know is Bob has always come through for me and often gone above and beyond.

3. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

I with no hesitation offered a full refund if he was not satisfied with the size , if he sent it back in the same shape it left . since he had already tanned it I would not accept the return. he had to see the size prior to tanning, which I dispute. I sent exactly what was agreed to. the rest of his complaint is not accurate either. shipping costs are a lot more than the price on the label, a drive to the po, no pick up. perishables have to stay in the freezer until an hr before the priority truck arrives to pick up at the p.o, not riding around in a hot pick up truck all day before even starting transit. also freezer pack, styrofoam insulation and time packing all cost $. he knew the price before he bought. I will not get dragged into an argument. I try to please everyone but realize I can not please everyone. if he thinks he can buy a coon like this for $5 he needs to buy off that guy not me. last, this belongs on the buyers/sellers forum, not the for sale forum

4. grumpa

grumpa Active Member

Bob did the same thing to me a number of years ago. I just ate it. And it was more than one coon. Facts are facts.

Kerby Ross likes this.
  5. 13 point

Never said you didn’t offer refund , till you heard I fleshed it . It was shipped on the Monday as you said , but got here on Friday, you can’t control that , it was thawed I took out and fleshed and salted asap so not to go bad . I took you at your word , didn’t think I had to measure . You expected me to ship it back on my dime for something you misrepresented. Look back I ask you for a 35lbs coon . I can go back and snap shot it and your yes answer if you like . The pics show the measurements that you say you disagree with, well let’s just add 2 inches to them for shits and giggles, it still wouldn’t way 35 lbs . As far as shipping I get extra for some things , you put cheap white foam board in it and old magazines with a gel pack so a few bucks extra not double and why $30 extra for UPS when you sent to friend for $35 total that’s only hour away from me . I posted this here because it’s were your misrepresenting the coons and were I bought it from .
    Let me add I said coons are only being bought for $5 from the trappers by the furrier . There not worth much to begin with , that said Bob , apparently I can’t even buy a 35 lbser for $35 . You just proved it .

CreekWalker307 and Kerby Ross like this.
  6. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

13point
    Were they this big, mine weren't. I was buying mine for wall hangers so I was kind of lucky Two giant 35 + pound coons and a skunk ($165.00) Sorry but I think Mr. Bob needs to buy a scale and a tape measurer instead playing the guessing game. I'm sure Mr. Bob is a nice guy and many have bought from him and got lucky, but he screwed up this time.
    image_67233281.JPG

Attached Files:

Kerby Ross likes this.
  7. bob wendt

earl, those are the same coons I have been selling. no switch a rooneys. I have sold 13 so far, 2 left. someone got those two, maybe you, or another buyer. that picture is fresh taken in feb. grumpa, this is the first I ever head of your complaint. I do not remember you, what is your given name? I will look back on my sales records and see what I can find. like I said I try to please everyone but know that is is not always possible. I have probably had a minimum of thousands of sales on here so not going to let a handfull bother me if I did the best I could to keep everyone happy.

8. 13 point

Is this Bob ? Ida been very happy with a coon that size , unless the man in the picture is 4 foot tall . Alls I wanted was a huge coon as advertised and reassured to me on the phone call .

Kerby Ross likes this.
  9. bob wendt

yes that is me and the picture is fresh. all the coons I have sold this last month could be interchanged with the 2 in the picture. I saved none any smaller due to not worth the time to skin in todays market, for fur or taxidermy sales. I discarded several hundred and saved only the few giants, the ones you are saying were too small.

10. 13 point

Well I tell ya what I’m going to take a pic of this coon just like your holding it , and you tell me , I’ll post in a bit

11. NID-20

NID-20 Well-Known Member

Bob is only about 5'1" tall . I have a customer that pays big money for odd coyotes and He has taken advantage of her a few times until She finally learned not to believe Him . You want a giant coon look up Petska fur in Nebraska and Greg will sell you a monster raccoon

Kerby Ross likes this.
  12. bob wendt

good grief, I am 5`9". enough of this childish stuff. I take advantage of no one. nid, no idea what your rub is. any odd coyotes pictures are sent in advance always. never had a complaint yet. past customers always asking to be on the list for more.

13. 13 point

090A9FBF-300F-458A-A7FE-739EE97C14E2.jpeg F05CA0E4-C960-4FC8-A9AB-B593DC1B01AB.jpeg E823B074-1A20-4A1D-8566-74FE575CC57B.jpeg Well I’m 5’ 7 not that I’m proud of that lol but you tell me . And look at tail color to not match or come close . Bob you are the one that’s making this difficult. I’m showing proof of everything I’ve said , I have nothing to loose . You on the other hand well you figure it out .

14. NID-20

NID-20 Well-Known Member

That is an Indiana raccoon . Its not even the right color to be a western heavy coon . The tail is a western coon

15. Penczak

Penczak Active Member

Meanwhile there are kids getting bombed in Ukraine. Y'all count your blessings and move along...

Can't we all just get along...Come on man...

Wally Gator likes this.
  16. bob wendt

give 10" for your head from the mid chin up, 2 feet from mid thigh down. we count the curled head on the coon as zero even if it is another 1 or 2". so 2 feet 10" from 5` 7" looks like you got a 33-35 " coon. maybe your method of tanning shriveled it. I actually measured my head and from mid thigh down. you may not be exact same, probably in my favor a bit since I am a tad taller. I measured the last 2 coon left not hanging or stretched but laying flat on the floor with a yard stick next to them. anyone wants them send me you email and I will send the picture just taken an hour ago, so no possibility of of another thread like this and someone claiming they got other than what paid for

17. bob wendt

nid, that is not an indiana coon. taken 1,000 miles west, as if it is any business or concern of yours at all. penczek has it right

18. 13 point

Ok Bob I’m about done , your in denial. Look at your picture those coons go from top your shoulder past your knees , to mid bottom of you leg . My pic and I’m shorter doesn’t go past my knee . You have flat out lied and got away with it apparently for years , I hesitated on posting this but now I’m glad I did , I take back the good guy comments as I now see I’m not the only one you screwed over . But I’m the first to call you out . Everything I said I proved with pictures , your the only one that apparently doesn’t see it . You can keep the $65 , but this will cost you way more then that I will promise you that , every single post I see of you selling something on here I will post your a crook and I’ll pm everyone that ask a question or I think is going to buy from you . I’ve been firm but nice about this and now im done and so are you on here . You could offer me double my money and a 100 lbs coon now and I would refuse it . Now im just going to make a point that your a crook . You have a great day .

19. 13 point

So people can just screw people over because of Ukraine, not a whole lot I can do bout that , Let’s see you get lied to and screwed over . I doubt you would just take it . Then again it’s none of your business.

CreekWalker307 and Kerby Ross like this.
  20. Penczak

Penczak Active Member

Those were huge coons he was holding up. I agree that he shorted you. I got screwed out of $6000. last week on a job.

But why would he post an add for 30lb coons if he had 35lb ones? I'm perplexed.