1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mckenzie Frustrations

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Studmuffin, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Trapster

Trapster Member

I pretty much have thank you for insight George

2. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    I’m Sorry but I must say,
    I’ve never had a problem with McKenzie
    Yes they need help so does everyone else
    I believe the issue people have with McKenzie is they are buying other businesses out
    Ok so what!
    That’s business!
    Don’t like the prices !
    Then raise yours or shop elsewhere
    Please remember
    Businesses are in business for one purpose
    To make a profit
    Is that your goal?
    Put out a good product with a good business practice
    And you will do great!
    I retired 2 years ago as a engineering manager for the US operations of a world wide company
    Have done taxidermy as a second job
    Since retirement I’ve made more than when is was full time in steel
    If your not making a good profit
    Look at your business model

George, 3bears and Wally Gator like this.

3. Hovland

Hovland Member

Called Mckenzie yesterday to check on a backorder. Was on hold for only 5 minutes or so(6:30 pm). Person who answered the phone was very pleasant and helpful. I asked if she could tell me if or when the form would ship. It was a Revolution form and had been backorder for several weeks. I am in Wisc. She said there was one available in North Carolina and she would ship it and close the backorder. I said I didn't really care to pay UPS shipping from NC but, I needed the form. She said she would not charge for the shipping. Can't beat that!! This was the last of the deer forms I ordered this year. Most arrived in the usual 2-3 days, a few were backorder but recieved relatively soon. I think they have done very well under the current conditions.

Clew and 13 point like this.
  4. Wally Gator

Wally Gator Well-Known Member

I picked up an order at McKenzie a couple weeks ago. I had to travel to Durham NC so they weren’t far out of my way. I placed the order online the night before, so when they saw the order the next morning they notified me via email that the form and ear liners would have to be made, but if I intended to pick up that day they would make it happen and they did! While in the office I asked the very nice lady how many people worked there, and she responded “about half as many as we need working here.” They are understaffed, like many other businesses, but still are doing their best to fill the orders. I too have had difficulty reaching them on the phone, but I’ve seen in person that the ones who are there are really working hard. So while I have no complaints with them and I am fortunate enough to be able to often avoid the high shipping cost by picking up my order , I agree with what others have said- we can support other suppliers when practical. Personally, I generally like McKenzie products better (Smith bird bodies, Sexton fish bodies, Polytranspar paint, etc), but don’t mind supporting other suppliers.
    Let’s keep things in perspective- at least the Russians aren’t bombing OUR homes, daycares, hospitals….yet….
    Blessings

Jim McNamara, Clew and George like this.