1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New To Me Aquarium Heater

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by QBD, Mar 23, 2022.

1. QBD

QBD Active Member

Some of you may have already found this but it is a new find for me. It is a Hygger Titanium Heater with IC Temp Controller. What got my attention was that the set temperature range goes up to 104 F. It comes in several different wattages but I got a 50W to try.

The heater does not have a built in thermostat but it plugs into the controller that provides that function. The controller has a set temp and a sensor to measure the actual temp and displays both.

Not sure how well it will work or how reliable it will be but I thought it was worth a try. I just plugged it in in a 3.5 gallon bucket of 67 degree water.

I did get a chuckle out of reading the instructions. And Yes, it is made in China.

Skullery likes this.
  2. QBD

QBD Active Member

Looks like the 50W is only going to get to around 96 degrees in an uninsulated open top bucket (degreasing antlered deer skull) in a 70 degree room. So it will stay on 24/7. Some insulation or in an outside bldg in summer will probably go higher but this is still slightly higher that the standard heaters that only set up to 93 degrees. Higher wattage are available at slightly higher cost and would increase the temp but also the operating cost.
    Circulation might help raise the temp as well.

For someone only doing only a few skulls or bones, this might still be a better option than the 93 degree heaters.

Skullery likes this.

3. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Do you have a photo of that?

4. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

I do like the titanium housing ... oh if it could be forced to 115. Might have to get one and have my electronics expert look at it. I'd bet there is an adjustment inside of it somewhere.

El Bigoton likes this.