1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fleshing Machine Preferences

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by ARUsher, Apr 4, 2022.

1. ARUsher

ARUsher Well-Known Member

For the last few years, I have been using a Dakota IV for all of my work. I am wanting to upgrade to a better and bigger machine. I was going to get a Dakota Pro but they are currently out of stock. Was wondering what others preferences were. What are y'alls thoughts on the American Eagle and Eager Beaver fleshing machines?

2. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Ok American never used or tried it but I’ve worked on a pro () rawhide at tanneries and I own a eager beaver.
    Personally I would only buy either of the two as I’ve seen and know first hand what they can do.
    When I think of the time it takes to set the pro up and those dials I’m like wtf whereas the guard set up is easy, fast and any micro tuning is done with the steels. These are commercial or tanning industry standards or they make their own. JMO

Tanit1 and D.Price like this.

3. ARUsher

Thanks Frank.

Frank E. Kotula likes this.
  4. D.Price

D.Price Well-Known Member

Raw Hide or Eager Beaver.

DP

Tanit1 and Frank E. Kotula like this.
  5. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I bought this head unit from Joe Meder in 1996 , for $250 I believe. I had to put a 3/4 hp 3400 rpm motor on it on a hinge with a V belt pulley , so motor weight is what keeps belt tight . Have no clue the name or make of it but I love it . Just had to put new bearings in it last year for the first time . You can switch blade and guards so you can work machine from either side you like . The card board is to stop flying pcs of flesh . Lol Just thought I’d share 2E374E08-52AD-441E-89D0-62BBFF7C3238.png FC76FA67-AC6C-42BA-B716-807FA83E7E78.png

Frank E. Kotula and ARUsher like this.
  6. ARUsher

Thanks

7. tem

tem Well-Known Member

i have a Qubeck. It's what I started out with. Had it for years. never a problem with it.