1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Featured Paul Czarnecki

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Apr 4, 2022.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

paul_czarnecki.jpg
    Paul Czarnecki of Waterford, Pennsylvania passed away on April 4, 2022 after a battle with cancer. He was a gifted bird, fish and game head taxidermist, judge, fishing guide and past president of the Pennsylvania Taxidermist Association.
    Below is George's original post:

I just read a post implying that Paul has passed. Does ANYONE have any information on this?​

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2022
    msestak likes this.
  2. Heath Cline

Heath Cline Well-Known Member

Ohio
    OMG !! For once George, I pray you are wrong.

msestak and John C like this.

3. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

Unfortunately its true... Go to his facebook page.. Weve lost another GIANT ...Damm...

msestak likes this.
  4. I am just stunned to learn of the passing of one of my friends and mentors.... Paul Czarnecki you took the time to make sure I was on the right track out on the water... you made me think for myself and learn things so they would stick.... thanks for being there Pauly..... you will truly be missed my friend.... I am heartbroken [​IMG].... May God bless his wife and kids and bring them strength in this horrible time.

1 Comment

Copied this off Pauls page.

Comment

drob, msestak and George like this.
  5. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

Wow so sorry to hear , he was/is a good man , taught and showed many new ways of our trade . MHRIP

msestak likes this.
  6. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

i no longer do taxidermy. i only did it as a part time hobby. Paul taught me quit a bit.
    way back in 1993 i competed in the PA state competition as an unlicensed amatuer.
    i took best all around taxidermist. the association wasnt going to award it to an amatuer.
    Paul was on the board and fought for me as there was nothing in the rules or bylaws against it.
    Paul fought and it was awarded to me. i was also responsible for a rule / by law change :)

we fished together, hunted together, and shot Archery together. he never could call a turkey in for me. he never had a problem calling one in for others but when it came to me they just shut up and walked in the other direction.

he located 6 jakes and promised he could get one in for me, it would be my first ever turkey.

the next morning all 6 birds were gobbling like crazy, he called and they all went quiet, disappeared and never did show themselves. he told me i was jinxed and stopped trying after that...LOL

fishing on the free spirit was unbelievable, good fishing all the time.

he will be missed...Prayers for the family

drob, John C, George and 3 others like this.
  7. MRN

MRN Member

Paul gave me my first blue ribbon in 1999. He gave me my first International Champion at IGT. He's taught me countless tips at the seminars he gave. He was awesome and will be missed.

John C and msestak like this.
  8. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

Truely admired his amazing fish work. Terrible news

1fish2fish and msestak like this.
  9. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Didn't know if I could remember my Login.

He will be missed. The biggest compliment I can give Paul is that he was GENUINE, and I mean that in all the best ways.

drob, John C and msestak like this.
  10. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

I truly am heartbroken reading this this morning. God speed my friend!

msestak likes this.
  11. msestak

msestak Well-Known Member

fellas,

i let his family know about this page. if anyone has any great stories to share here please do.

livbucks likes this.
  12. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Paul was an awesome taxidermist and friend. I judged a lot of shows with Paul and did several in PA. He was always down to earth and easy to get along with. We had a lot of fun just hanging out talking. He will be greatly missed.

msestak likes this.
  13. I've known Paul for half my life, became good friends with him and Christie , fished with him on his Lake Ontario charter boat , he taught me alot in the taxidermy trade over the years as well as business side of things . The man was a super person sarcastic as hell . Gonna miss the hell out of him .

msestak likes this.
  14. Axishunter

Axishunter New Member

Paul was a gifted taxidermist, a mentor to aspiring taxidermists, a hell of a charter boat captain, a passionate outdoorsman, an interesting, engaging conversationalist, a father and family man, and a proud American. I am grateful to have fished with him many times over the past 25 years. He was always funny, entertaining, and welcoming to those around him. I am happy to have several pieces of his work, including a couple of outstanding birds. He will be missed by many, none more so than his wife and young son. RIP, Paul, you were one of the good guys.

msestak likes this.
  15. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

Paul and I commented on many threads here and on facebook as we seemed to share mounting techniques and the ways we went about things. Remember the "gass" conversations over the years! We messaged each other many times having pretty good laughs about those. We agreed with each others comments and critiques 99% of the time- like a team mate that you had never personally met, but knew well. I will miss that terribly, and my thoughts and condolences to the family and to all of us - as our art will miss his presence.. GodSpeed Paul...

msestak likes this.