1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mckenzie Update

Discussion in 'Buyers and Sellers' started by BowDeadly, Apr 20, 2022.

1. BowDeadly

BowDeadly "LIFE IS GREAT" It's better with a bow

I tried the leave a message BS a few times, called and waited about 8 times, one time waited 50 minutes plus, then hung up. Today at 3:00 I called and only was on hold for 5 minutes and a new girl answered, she tried. I needed a beaver, mink , fox and a bobcat form and of course eyes for all. The mink Wisconsin I believe had it, but no eyes. Almost gave up on the bobcat. First cat had to be made. 2nd/3rd/4th pick also had to be made and no turn a round time given. Then we started on the cat eyes, they were out every where. She did finally find a pair in PA. one pair in going out in the mail. not the ones I wanted but cat eyes. I didn't even start ordering the fox & beaver. I questioned a rock/log base for the cat and she didn't have to look it up, has to be made and might take more than a month.
    So Cat form form, from PA. Mink form from some where. The mink eyes from Utah. And I believe the cat eyes from NC. Talk about a circle jerk, it took over an hour to place the order. Would not want her job at all, poor girl. Can't wait to see the shipping on all this mess, can't wait. Taking the morning off looking in catalogs and calling about 8 deer forms and a fox & beaver forms.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  2. James Taxidermy supply in Corinth Ms has deer forms made to order. Took about 3 days to get it in the mail from the day it was ordered. Fit great. Also about 30 dollars less per form than McKenzie.

3. Otter Creek

Otter Creek New Member

Yeah mackenzie is a pain right now, I had 5 deer forms I needed to order from them, got 2 in a couple days been waiting about a month for the other 3.

4. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I literally just got off the phone with them, no wait time . Very nice , said they are almost caught up with forms and are shipping things out . The rumor that girls are quitting because of mean ass people on the phone is just that , a rumor, not sayings the person that posted that wasn’t told that by the PA people but it not true . She said she had ask her manager and was told everyone one is still working, most from home but working . Also said 95% of the people are great , only 5 % are a little hard around the edges . But most things are coming back in stock .

pir^2h likes this.
  5. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Thanks for that report 13 point. When I called a couple weeks ago I was on hold maybe three to five minutes, not the long wait time some have indicated on here. I only buy from them when I can't get something anywhere else but I'm not going to give their order takers hell for back orders. It isn't their fault if they are out of stock on some items. They just answer the phone.

drob likes this.
  6. drob

drob Well-Known Member

Hey, on a different subject I love the picture of your golden ! But I have to tell you I have always had Labs and I got a Golden a couple of years ago- well she's a great dog but she is the quirkiest/scariest dog I have ever had !!!

old60furs and pir^2h like this.
  7. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Thanks Drob! We have had goldens for over forty years. Currently two own us. They aren't just pretty, they are obedience and field trained with many titles in the ring and field. Great dogs. We want to get more but with my wife's failing health I'm not sure that is going to happen. My dog, Powderhorn-n-Riverrun Georgia Peach CD, RA, CGC, JH, CCA, WC

My wife's dog's list is twice as long as mine because she was really into obedience in the ring for years.

msestak likes this.
  8. drob

drob Well-Known Member

9. drob

drob Well-Known Member

Love it ! Just amazing !

pir^2h likes this.
  10. BowDeadly

Well after last weeks go around with McKenzie I called James Supply, what a difference. With in 10 minutes I had what I wanted and not one hassle. It was shocking, they had the mink and bobcat forms I wanted, the exact measurements needed. So I called Mckenzie and canceled my order, no problem they said since it wasn't shipped yet. A week and not shipped, they didn't have to make them, in stock. We will see how long before I get my refund, only took a couple hours for them to take my money. The sad part is after all the BS and them saying the PA. store had the two forms they hadn't shipped them after 4 days, why? When they get their chit together I'll be back for some stuff but until then I'll be shopping else where.

msestak likes this.
  11. Ken at James Taxidermy Supply is a good dude.

12. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

I called Mckenzie last wed. afternoon, only sat on the phone for less than 10 min. placed my order and still had it the next day by spee-de. The forms and eyes I wanted were in stock. No problem this time.

13. buckrub10

buckrub10 Active Member

Just placed a $4,000 order only issue some items not available anymore

14. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Still waiting on 4 lifesize mountain lions and a few shoulder forms from an order made a month ago.

15. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I’m still waiting on a couple deer forms and 5 other pcs from a month ago but here’s the kicker I called to check on them the other day as stated above , girl was very nice told me everything was in stock and it was being shipped next day , so I said I needed another deer form and ordered it , ask if it could be put in with other forms she said other stuff was boxed and ready to ship . so I said ok , well the single deer form came today and that’s it . I called back today told her the new order came today and the stuff she said was boxed and on its way didn’t and now it can’t be found in the system of even being boxed . So that form I didn’t need right away cost me $40 to ship from PA to Md could have been put in with the original back ordered stuff for one and if everything is in stock like she told me then we all should be getting out back order stuff like NOW . I’m not mad yet and I won’t take it out on the girl on phone but , here soon the manager on duty will be getting an ear full .

msestak and Mudbat like this.
  16. Mudbat

Mudbat Well-Known Member

I ordered two blanks the other week. It was Monday. I asked if everything was in stock and was told they all we in NC and would ship that day. Thursdays rolls around and I call in regards to the order. “ only one was ready to go and others needed to be poured” is what I was told 3 days later. Blanks did show up the following Friday. All damaged, heads snapped off , caudel pedicles busted up, and the fins for one were not even cast completely.
    McKenzie is owned by stock holders now a days.
    Speaking to the rep at the McKenzie booth he said people have left in droves.
    Anytime I’ve called in the last few months the average wait time have been 40ish minutes

17. crablover

crablover Well-Known Member

McKenzie was purchased in March of 2012 by
    Levine Leichtman Capital Partners

18. Richard C

Richard C Well-Known Member

Interesting! So do we have here a liberal anti gun, animal rights owners of the largest taxidermy supply company ? A business that survives on dead animals provided by the evil gun ?Whose partners donate to these anti groups , knowingly or unknowingly cutting there own throat.
    I always said the Jews were the smartest business people in the country as none of them were in taxidermy but maybe they are ?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
  19. BowDeadly

WELL WELL WELL, The set of mink eyes ordered last Monday "in stock" were just billed and shipped yesterday. Man that is service, doesn't look like it's getting better to me. One little set of eyes.

msestak likes this.
  20. crablover

crablover Well-Known Member

Mudbat, you are wrong with your statement that McKenzie is owned by stockholders. LLCP does not trade on the stock market, has no ticker symbol and is a privately held company. LLCP is the money behind McKenzie's buyout spree of many taxidermy supply companies. LLCP has no interest in taxidermy other than the money and profit made by the monopoly it has created. They control every aspect of material purchasing and supply production of McKenzie, hence all the recent issues with the company. McKenzie is just a small portion of LLCP's current portfolio of companies it controls. The complete failure of the Biden administration's war against oil has caused issues with every sector that relies on the by products of petroleum. Resins, plastic's, paint, foam, epoxy, certain chemicals, make up, glues etc., etc., etc., along with the cost to deliver and ship those products for order production and delivery to the customers. LLCP's only interest is to make money and will shift it's priorities and focus within it's holding portfolio to maximize profit. Unfortunately, to LLCP, taxidermy supply has taken a back seat to other sectors that are far less effected by the direction the Biden administration is taking on oil, and many of the other senseless choices he has made. McKensie unfortunately is no longer in the drivers seat of this bus, LLCP has removed the two front wheels, and ass whole Biden won't fill up our gas tank.

Richard C, 3bears and 13 point like this.